Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Rifle shooting log book

I've read posts in the past where people asked about log books for rifle shooting. The problem has been that they are not cheap, you need to order them on line, and you need to eventually refill them. I've searched the web in the past for free ones and came up pretty much empty handed. I've also hastily created my own in the past. Well, tonight I finally found a decent down-loadable (free) log book pages to create your own log book. They were designed for NRA/CMP high power, but will work for other shooting. Enjoy!

http://www.cobs.com/lprgc/gif/cmpl3.pdf
    http://www.cobs.com/lprgc/gif/cmpl2.pdf
    http://www.cobs.com/lprgc/gif/cmpl.pdf
    Toujours prêt

(Chester County)

Default Re: Rifle shooting log book

not bad at all not bad at all rep comin your way... i like the storm tactical books and pages myself but very nice FREE pages

(Monroe County)

www.RangeLog.com is LIVE and offering free BETA memberships.
    I'm sorry. But any web site of unknow origin that asks me what weapons I own and where I live is a potential robbery waiting to happen. Geez. I would think people are more careful than that.

(Allegheny County)

I use a TRGT Data Book for my long range weapons.

Description:

Mil-Spec materials and construction. Printed 20 lb. bond, tactical green "Rite-in-the-Rain" paper. Cover made of polydura plastic with black plastic spiral ring. 128 leaves, 256 pages of data book. 14 pages of formulas, conversion tables, and charts on range estimation, wind, moving targets, and angle fire. Data sheets for zero summaries, cold bore shots, zeroes, bullseye, stationary, unknown distance, and moving targets. Various mission sheets and a barrel log included. For 7.62 mm NATO/.308 and .300 Win. rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeLogger View Post
    As a fellow firearm enthusiast, I wanted to introduce everyone to the FIRST ONLINE SHOT DIARY designed for active shooters. No need to refill pages of a log book or create your own reports.

www.RangeLog.com is LIVE and offering free BETA memberships. Sign up today to start tracking shots and providing feedback.

The site is launching with 2,000+ Ranges, 3,000+ Firearms and dozens of Exercises for our Members to choose from. In the next few days, we will continue to add new data and new features, including accuracy reporting and scoring.
    I think this is a neat idea for alot of shooters, but I'm kind of with some of the others about entering numbers of firearms, types, etc, into a website. I think the idea is neat and I understand how some of this information may be necessary to barrel life or reliability issues of a certain firearm, but it's not going to apply to alot of people.

I think it's almost funny that you are trying to use this as a way to not take a log book for long range shooting. I'm an LR shooting, and I definitely would rather take my log book to the range than my laptop. If I'm not taking my laptop to the range, then I'm having to still take some kind of paper medium to the range so that I can record the shots and then enter them into the computer program. It seems like if I'm already having to write down the shots, I might as well just have a hard copy of my log book, and MAYBE this could be used as a way to cumulatively enter all my log book data or have backups. Either way, I don't see this as replacing a log book for a precision shooter, but I see how it may help some people keep track of round counts through different firearms. Oh well, thanks for trying to offer us an alternative and best of luck to you.

Thanks for the information! Always looking for a way to keep track without having to reinvent the wheel. Although a fan of the long gun, I am more often shooting pistols at the range. Maybe it is out of convenience. I had a copy of a sniper data book and had been reproducing the pages. I have recently discovered Rangelog.com and have started using it for data collection. I am not very good at keeping my range activity paperwork in the same place or find it when I want it, this site allows me to be paper free.

I thought I would post this shooting log that I made primarily for pet load purposes. Good log for rifle or handgun. Made many copies, 3hole punched and take out to the range in a binder. Good Luck!
    Attached Files Attached Files

(Luzerne County)

I've had this one saved to my PC for a while.
    Attached Files Attached Files