Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default glock trade in value

Hey I'm wondering how much can I expect to get for my Glock 23 if I sell it back to a gun shop. Theres less than 1000 rounds through it, perfect condition. The reason I ask is I would really like a sig p229 in .40 instead and would use the trade in towards a used sig. Not willing to part with my G19 or G26. Thanks

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: glock trade in value

Depends what shop you go to but remember this: they need to make money on it. you will likely get 1/2 or so of what its worth. Used on GB can be had for $350-400. i cant imagine getting more than $200-250 for it from a shop. the bonus is that they should discount that amount from the purchase price of the pistol you are buying which in turn will save you a few bucks on sales tax.

have you considered listing it in the Classified section here or elsewhere? Or a Sale to a friend, fellow range or gun club member, or local enthusiast?
    you would likely do quite a bit better even if you post it at "fire sale" price such as $300-$350

(Montgomery County)

Trade in ,,, I would venture to say 300 to 350
    Glock Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Member

(Montgomery County)

thanks for the reply seniorlinc, rep sent

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TcRoc View Post
    Trade in ,,, I would venture to say 300 to 350
    Really?? Well the easiest way to tell is going into the shop and showing them what you have. There's no risk or obligation for that. Worst you can say is no thank you. then move on to Plan B as i mentioned above

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    thanks for the reply seniorlinc, rep sent
    Rep is much appreciated. like i said you have a few options. if you are not in a rush, take your time to explore them. While the economy sucks, the G23 is a nice pistol, it shouldnt be difficult to sell locally.

Conversely, take your time shopping for your sig. there are deals out there. i know that its easiest to walk into a shop and be able to handle the pistol you are getting before you walk out the door. you know what you are getting. i appreciate my local shop and do buy sundry items there as well as a member of the range.

However, I have had great success buying online. i stick to sellers that have good feedback or an online store with a positive reputation. i always buy with my credit card in case something goes awry. always nice to get a phone number too, you can actually speak with the seller and get a better feel for the likelihood of a positive transaction.

regardless, best of luck what ever avenue you persue

(York County)

With just the basic stuff, i.e. Case, paperwork, manuals, magazines,etc. Your looking at around $300-$350 at most shops. Although, it depends on what store your at, the condition of the gun, if the gushop owner/employee even thinks he could sell it (its a Glock, so i'm sure most gun shops would take one in on a trade, they are popular guns), and other variables.

But yeah, for a Glock 23, your looking at somewhere around the $300-$350 range, give or take a few.
    "A peaceful mind generates power"

(Philadelphia County)

I agree with Senorlinc. You can list it here in the classifieds and specify that you'd like to transfer face to face at the shop of your choice. Once the transaction is complete there you are in your favorite shop with down payment money in hand for your new Sig.

(Jefferson County)

You get less from a store because as others mentioned, they need to make money on it. They could also be sitting on it for quite a while, so if Glocks aren't popular at your particular store expect to get less there than at a store where Glocks don't sit very long.

Still, I personally prefer dealing with a store. While you get a bit less from them, you can get it right away, or put it straight towards an intended replacement. You don't have to meet someone halfway or hope the person isn't half a nutjob, yada yada.

Anyhow, yea, expect about $75-100 less than what they are going for on Gun Broker.

Good luck!

(Monroe County)

Private sales are the way to go.

If you have an honest gun shop they will tell you it's not worth trading it in, since they have to make money on it, more than 50 bucks you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast