Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Oh why, oh why can’t people mind their own business!

I went over to Quality Market in my town to pick up a few things. I wasn’t even 50 feet into the store when a little elderly lady asked me to reach something for her, so of course I did. We exchanged thank you’s and have a nice day”.

I notice after this, a woman (different from elderly lady) kind of following me and giving me razor sharp looks. Seemed like every turn I made in the store….there she was giving me dirty looks. Whatever. I just kept shopping.

I go to the check out line and get behind razor woman. Razor woman is being rung up. She says “you shouldn’t be doing that here”. So of course i’m really not paying attention, because, I had no idea at that point that she was speaking to me. The cashier now stops ringing her up. Razor woman now says “can you stop waving that gun around, or else, i’m calling the LEO”. The woman who was bagging says “she’s not waving anything”. Razor woman says “if I can see it, its waving, she’s dangerous and crazy and should be arrested”. So far i’ve said nothing, because, i’m thinking of something to say to razor woman. Well I suddenly remembered a page from NineseveN’s book. I said to razor woman in my perfect Brooklynese speech, “hey lady, if you’re so afraid of me why would you confront me by calling me crazy and dangerous. I would call that suicidal”. Razor woman says to me “i’m calling LEO”. I said to her, (as I was pulling my cell phone out of my pocket) “here, use my phone, i’ll wait for the LEO right here”. She said “you’re crazy, I would never use your phone, i’m going to have you arrested”. The cashier says to razor woman “legal people can carry guns in PA if they want to”. Razor woman says “no they can’t and i’m calling LEO”. Cashier says “go ahead and call”. Razor woman says to me “I know who you are and where you live, you NY people think you can come here and wave guns around. I’m sending LEO to your house to arrest you”. I said “very well, i’ll go home right away”.

The cashier rung me up and said “she’s an asshole and a trouble maker, I wish she would shop somewhere else”. I left.

I get to my car and razor woman is parked behind me on the cell phone. I leave the parking lot and go across the street (kitty corner) to Country Fair for cigs. I notice in the parking lot across the street at Pizza Hut that there are two LEO cars. When I came out of Country Fair, they were both gone.

I’m still waiting.

*I’m hoping I don’t have to tell you that my firearm was holstered and never left the holster. After reaching the item for the elderly woman, my sweatshirt might have ridden up a bit. I’m not going to go tugging at my clothes constantly to make sure my firearm is completely concealed all the time. I do have an LTCF. I can also O/C here in PA, so either way I carry, its legal. My firearm never left my holster.

I’m still waiting.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Oh why, oh why can’t people mind their own business!

Nice!!! Glad you help the elderly to get her thing. I love helping elderly just to bring a smile to their face.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
    http://www.flybynighdesigns.com/vwtopdog/Avatars/44Magnum.GIF

(Lackawanna County)

Sounds like this razor woman wasn't sailing with a full crew...
    "Stupidity needs to be painful..."

"There's not a problem in the world that can't be fixed with a serious ass whoopin'!" - Me

Small town USA...nobody knows how to mind their own business.
    You'd think in a town where you can rent a tux & get a bridal gown at the hardware store for a shotgun wedding it would all be good.

(Wayne County)

Wow...some people are just nuts. Waving it around? It was holstered and she was saying you were waving it around? No telling what kind of story she would give to the police. At least you have the cashier as a witness to the lunacy.

I'm still waiting to be arrested!

I had a feeling today was going to be a bad day. It was raining here and my frickin dog was digging mud holes in the yard again. I just filled all his holes last week with about 500 pounds of dirt and he dug it all up today.

I think I need a brandy!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Razor woman says “if I can see it, its waving, she’s dangerous and crazy and should be arrested”.
    The cashier says to razor woman “legal people can carry guns in PA if they want to”. Razor woman says “no they can’t and i’m calling LEO”.
    That right there shows the irrationality of Anti-Gunners. Not only does she claim to be "scared" yet still confront you in a very hostile way, she is - or is acting - completely ignorant of the laws of the Commonwealth.

I hope that the 911 operator told her off...

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    Small town USA...nobody knows how to mind their own business.
    You'd think in a town where you can rent a tux & get a bridal gown at the hardware store for a shotgun wedding it would all be good.
    My town is huge, we have a traffic light!

(Lycoming County)

Are you sure she was referring to you firearm? Sounds like your blouse may have been open

Be safe (and well covered).

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    My town is huge, we have a traffic light!
    You have 2 & a blinker! Regular thriving metropolis!

Haven't you noticed the hardware store yet?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast