Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Another PA shooting. (Over a game of "Beer Pong")

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loca...beer-pong.html

DA: Man shot to death over beer pong
    By: MARGARET GIBBONS
    Bucks County Courier Times
    Joseph B. Jimenez of Bridgeport is being held without bail on charges of first- and third-degree murder and related offenses.

One Montgomery County man is dead and another is behind bars after an argument sparked by a drinking game and subsequent trash talking got out of hand Friday night in Bridgeport.

Authorities Monday announced the arrest of Joseph B. Jimenez, 24, of Bridgeport, for the weekend shooting death of an acquaintance, 25-year-old Scott Riley, also of Bridgeport, over a game of beer pong.

Jimenez, who is being held without bail in the county prison, is charged with first- and third-degree murder and related offenses.

"It seems like this was just some alcohol-infused machismo," said county District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman. "Two guys talking trash over what, by all accounts, was some stupid argument and, instead of walking away, (Jimenez) tried to prove his manhood by firing his gun."

The two men were playing a game of beer pong with others when an argument between the two broke out, according to authorities. Beer pong is a drinking game in which players attempt to throw ping pong balls into cups of beer, requiring opponents to drink the beer when the balls hit their target.

That dispute continued when the two met in an alley behind the home where they had gathered that night.

Riley mocked Jimenez by telling him "shoot me" and taunted him by saying he didn't have the guts to do it, according to the criminal complaint.

Jimenez drew out a .40-caliber handgun he had concealed in his waistband and fired one shot that struck Riley in the neck, the complaint said.

One witness said that she heard Riley gagging and asking for help. She told authorities that Riley was bleeding so extensively from his wound that she "could hear the blood gushing from his wound," the complaint said.

Riley was pronounced dead at 12:25 a.m. Saturday at Montgomery Hospital in Norristown.

Witnesses told police that Jimenez fled immediately after the shooting but returned while police were at the scene. Spotting blood on Jimenez' hands, a police officer immediately took him into custody.

Jimenez, who directed police to the trash can where he tossed the gun after the shooting, reportedly told his mother his gun "fell and went off," the complaint said. However, a witness told authorities he heard Jimenez pull back on the gun slide, placing a round in the firing chamber, according to the complaint.

County detectives and police spent the weekend looking for some motive other than an argument over a drinking game, said Ferman.

"You believe there was some logic involved but this just appears to be completely senseless," she said. "Witnesses said they were just talking trash to one another and there was nothing sustentative."

How stupid, and over beer pong.

Default Re: Another PA shooting. (Over a game of "Beer Pong")

Beer+Guns=Stupidity,Just my .02 cents,But true.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karma8541 View Post
    Beer+Guns=Stupidity,Just my .02 cents,But true.
    For *some people*, yes.
    I can have a drink and not get "stupid" so your equation seems to fail in the context it was used.

IMO, blaming the alcohol is as bad as blaming the gun. I say we blame the person. If one does stupid stuff when drinking one should not drink. Gun or no gun.

I really don't want to see the old overdone debate on drinking and guns dredged up again. This is a clear case of a "stupid" person, with a gun.... and alcohol. Subtract either one and I bet he was still "stupid" But just a hunch.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karma8541 View Post
    Alcohol+Guns=Stupidity,Just my .02 cents,But true.
    I'll second that but had to make a change.... Do agree some people just get plain stupid when they drink. Others can drink in moderation. If you're the type that gets stupid, there is no place for firearms or vehicles to be involved.
    Last edited by FFEMT128; May 5th, 2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: expanded thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    For *some people*, yes.
    I can have a drink and not get "stupid" so your equation seems to fail in the context it was used.

IMO, blaming the alcohol is as bad as blaming the gun. I say we blame the person. If one does stupid stuff when drinking one should not drink. Gun or no gun.

I really don't want to see the old overdone debate on drinking and guns dredged up again. This is a clear case of a "stupid" person, with a gun.... and alcohol. Subtract either one and I bet he was still "stupid" But just a hunch.
    You are correct i should have put Beer+guns+stupid ppl= total stupidity...I stand correct PAPatriot..

(Monroe County)

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, what a senseless death.

It doesn't say if any gun charges are being sought? I hope he wasn't a licensed carrier, it will give more ammo to the anti's if he is.

edit:

I found out he wasn't licensed to carry but it was registered to him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ho...one_wrong.html

"The firearm is registered to Jimenez, but he did not have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, according to prosecutors."
    Last edited by Tootie; May 5th, 2009 at 11:46 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

She told authorities that Riley was bleeding so extensively from his wound that she "could hear the blood gushing from his wound," the complaint said.

Pretty graphic
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

It's a small, tough little town, just across the river from Norristown, for those of you towards the other end of the state, and this could just as likely happened with a knife there as a gun.

Yup just more fuel to add on the fire.
    Oh and to correct your math stupid times anything always equals stupid.
    (Stupid) x (a) = Stupid

Oh and you should see the picture of the idiots mug shot, He's oh so 'gangsta'.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast