Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: ever use Flitz?

(Bucks County)

Default ever use Flitz?

http://www.flitz.com/index.html

i know this stuff cleans and polishes metal very well, i have a old lever action marlin that has some "dirtyness" in certain areas. I just wanted to know if this would be recommended?
    the rifles finish is still perfect, no pitting or rusting, just some discoloration i cannot get rid off using CLP.
    of course, if i do try it, i will try it on a very small part of the metal to see the effect.
    Drakin

Thumbs up Re: ever use Flitz?

I've used it blued and stainless guns, I love the stuff. Shouldn't affect the finish, but proceed as you stated, try it on a small area first.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ever use Flitz?

I use it to strop my knives. Works very well for that.

Wink Flitz Rules!

I have been using Flitz for more than 20 years. I use it on all my firearms, blued, stainless, case hardened. It removes all oxidation and rust! It leaves a very clean surface finnish. Be carefull on blued guns, as it might also remove color, but that color was destined to be lost anyway! I am not fanatical about my guns finnish, but I am fond of the way Flitz enhances what's left of it! It is non abrasive and has a creamy texture, but goes to work on any residue formed by neglect. It is not for everyone, but I don't expect perfection. I use all my guns and don't have any "safe queens"