Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Question gotta let loose with my 12 ga....

anybody know a place near my area(lancaster pa)where i can shoot stuff up with my shotgun?not paper targets im talking like busted tvs ,old pc monitors, metal trashcans and all that stuff
    thx all

Triggerh4ppy
    Gott mit uns

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: gotta let loose with my 12 ga....

You might want to do a search, there are several threads on the subject.

Apparently, shooting old monitors and TVs can release gases that are extremely toxic. Keep that in mind.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

That and old CRTs monitors and Tvs do implode when you break them and they cause quite the nasty wounds if you happen to be too close.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

There is a sport that exists where you make a target explode while its flying at 40 mph 10 to 30 yards away. The target is all of 4 inches wide and 1/2 thick. You count your self good when you regularly hit 20 out of 25 targets. Its called emm, errr I forget the name!!!

Just look in my sig line, you will soon enough understand why you want to hit 2 of them rather then completely blast one and completely miss the other.

Oh and its available in most sportsmans clubs Google trap and skeet.

If you get too good at that, try 5-stand, then if you are still too good, try sporting clays... If that is still too easy, try it on a windy day.

Shooting with a shotgun at a target that is 20+ inch wide and cant move is not a sport, its a waste of good money. Pick on some thing the size of your wallet, then when you hit it regular, you will know what fun is all about!

PS, DO not bring a cell phone, they are almost the same size, and can easely be confused as clay birds for the blind.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

He he he, I went to the forest one time and hear a bunch of gun shots going off. Curious me walk to the area and saw two dudes shooting up with their shotguns. They were hunters who are drunk on their assses. I ask them why the heck they shooting all over the place for. One dude got annoyed but I said, look there are other hunters in the area as well as hikers around, keep it cool. They were slightly agitated but know I am right, right.........so they walk away. Well, I was carrying a semi rifle, he he he.........they got pump shotguns, and if anyone misbehaves, we don't want to go there. Be safe..

1FingrCHan

(Lawrence County)

One word.

Tannerite

Lycanlookitupthrope

(Blair County)

Tannerite? inside a tv? I would never

(Adams County)

Buy some clay birds and take them to your range and toss them up on the berm randomly. Then practice fast, multiple target aquisition.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Tioga County)

Plastic milk jugs filled with water make a very nice explosion especially when shot up close.

(Berks County)

And if you put food coloring in the jugs they paint the snow......or uh, so I've heard.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.