Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Opinion on Walther P99

I am considering selling my S&W and getting a Walther P99...

Any one have a opinion (educated by experience) on the P99?

The S&W is going for $300. It is in very nice condition, comes with hi cap mag, hard case, holster, 50 to 100 rounds of ammo and an unopened box of Black Talons...will also put it towards a trade of the P99 if that works for anyone.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Opinion on Walther P99

They are pretty good pieces. I have yet to have a problem with mine(P99 QA 9mm). Very comfortable to shoot and hold.

On the negative side - they are a lil more pricey than comparable other makes.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

Thanks for the info.....

They seem to be pretty nice quality but you cannot tell much by just holding it. Walther does have a good reputation to boot but I did hear about some QC issues on the P99 so I want to get a second opinion.....

Again thanks!!

(Philadelphia County)

i just shot a friend of mine's p99 for the first time today and i was very impressed with it. very good accuracy, trigger's pull was fantastic in DA or SA it fit my hand perfect and there were no malfunctions of any kind. until today i had my mind set on a glock 26 but shooting the walther is really making me reconsider my decision. it was also very light weight, 14 round option and very easy to control. hope this helps ya.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Jefferson County)

One of our outstanding members wrote a review of the P99 AS, if I can find it - I'll bump it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

(Jefferson County)

Nice review and great information.....much thanks!!

Now....to convince my wife that she will enjoy shooting it too but considering she does not like my Colt Mustang, she does not like the S&W but she DOES like shooting the Glock .40 I may just be able to talk her into it.

PS: I just joined this forum today....seems like a bunch of good people! Thanks again.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by artisanmindfreak View Post
    Nice review and great information.....much thanks!!

Now....to convince my wife that she will enjoy shooting it too but considering she does not like my Colt Mustang, she does not like the S&W but she DOES like shooting the Glock .40 I may just be able to talk her into it.

PS: I just joined this forum today....seems like a bunch of good people! Thanks again.
    FWIW, in my experience, the sculpted grip of the P99 lends itself well to being a comfortable gun in the hands of most females (as well as males). Good luck, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

(Bucks County)

i purchased an early P99 in 40 cal and while the gun was 100% reliable with decent accuracy there was a hump in the trigger guard that rubbed my trigger finger raw after each shot. i considered taking a file and filing the hump down but decided against that course of action because i would have reduced the guns resale value. i ended up selling the p99 because the hump made shooting to painful.

You might have better luck for a trade if you cross post this in the classifieds too.

I was considering the walther, never got a chance to fire one though.

I have a p22 and it's fantastic for a little gun. I think the p99 would be a nice gun to have as well, i really like the mag release.

Actually when I was shopping around it came to the xd sc or the walther pps (their carry 9) and I liked the xd better, but for a full size the p99 cant be a bad choice either.

It all comes down to preference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast