Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Who Carries a Kel Tec P-11??

I know there are some threads about this already, but I couldn't find many of them and this one is somewhat unique.

I am aquiring a P-11 shortly. It will not be my main CCW but I wanted a 9mm for deep concealment situations. I carry on a college campus everyday and want to be able to carry while not dressing around my gun all the time.

I have shot several of them and am content with their accuracy and trust their reliability (after a few hundred flawless rounds I will trust this ones reliability as well). So posts convincing me otherwise are not really welcomed.

With that said I'm looking to hear from all the people who have them and carry them. What methods of carry do you use most often? What others have you tried and how did they fare? What holsters do you reccomend? For those who use just the belt clip, how has that worked? How has it worked out for you as a CCW overall? Any other information you guys would like to add would be appreciated.

Look forward to your responses!

Thank you for your time!

-Logan
    Last edited by Log9mm; February 3rd, 2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Who Carries a Kel Tec P-11??

I did carry one I used a Desantis inside the waistband to do so. It was just a metal clip holster. It was very easy to conceal under a T shirt. I found it very comfortable doing so in this way. I found it too large for comfortable pocket carry.
    Linkto the Holster: http://www.desantisholster.com/n87.html Oh I have this holster along with 2 10 round mags if interested pm me.

(Bucks County)

I carry the P-11 in a Don Hume JIT belt slide. Easy to carry and hide in proper clothing. I also did the trigger mod as documented on the KTOG website. Makes it a whole new gun. Makes follow up shots quicker and more accurate.

The P-11 is one of my carry guns, although it takes some practice getting used to the trigger pull, once mastered it is a good choice imo. I have carried it 2 ways, belt clip and the smart carry. Belt clip is ok but I don't feel that the gun is as secure in the carry position as it could be, (body size may affect this.). The smart carry is a very good option and it is deep concealment. Each way has plus & minuses.

Some have used pocket carry with a pocket holster (would do it w/o one) but I don't care for this method with the P-11 as I feel it's too heavy in the pocket for me. I do carry a P3AT in the pocket though.

Good luck with your choice. I think you'll like the P-11 for the size & wt. to carry!

jojo9mm

(Delaware County)

I carry daily using the belt clip. With a heavy leather belt, the gun doesn't move.

ETA, I tried pocket carry but the gun is too large. I've used holsters, but they add bulk and nothing else. I went back to the belt clip.
    Last edited by imashooter2; February 4th, 2008 at 08:44 AM.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I use the p-11 as my daily carry gun. Yeah, the trigger sucks but it has been very reliable for me. I use a universal clipdraw and carry iwb, usually small of back. The gun is very secure and VERY easilly concealed I am ordering a fobus paddle holster and an iwb holster because the clip is a little uncomfortable. (I usually go comando) but all-in all I think it's about the most concealable gun I would actually trust to stop somebody. The p3at is smaller, but the .380 is a little weak. Basically I LOVE my p-11 for a carry gun.

ps. did you look at the pf-9? It's alot thinner and has a lighter trigger pull. Holds less rounds but conceals better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkgas View Post
    I did carry one I used a Desantis inside the waistband to do so. It was just a metal clip holster. It was very easy to conceal under a T shirt. I found it very comfortable doing so in this way. I found it too large for comfortable pocket carry.
    Linkto the Holster: http://www.desantisholster.com/n87.html Oh I have this holster along with 2 10 round mags if interested pm me.
    Do you still have the holster and mags for sale? If so, I am interested. PM me with price and availability. Thx.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

My man LUCAS and I are in talks right now for an OWB holster for my p-11

No sense hiding how I feel.

AND IT'S ALL PA PATRIOT'S FAULT!

(Dauphin County)

I also have a p11 in my collection of carry guns. I have over 800+ failure free rds through mine and i would trust my life to it. Although it is a bit large for pocket carry, i do carry it in my pocket when practical in a desantis pocket holster, and also ankle carry with it in a uncle mikes size 16 holster with the dual straps. Mine has been a great gun for me so far. Get the pinky mag extension like the one thats on the pf9 and get the trigger shoe, and you got a winner.

I have one and used it for my every day carry piece until I got my Glock 27 ... fell in love with that one so the Keltec sits in its box.

Besides the UGLY trigger its a nice weapon, if Keltec could get their trigger issues fixed they would really go a long way in the market

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast