Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ruger LCP recall

Two weeks ago I called Ruger about the recall. Three days after my call I received the package to send it back to them. They even made arrangements for UPS to pick it up at my home. Seven days later I had it back along with a new Ruger LCP hat and a new magazine with the new finger tab on the magazine. This is probably the best and fastest service I have ever received from a gun manufacturer.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ruger LCP recall

Have you had any malfunctions with the LCP or did you just send it back because of the recall? Also, how many rounds and what kind have you put through it so far?

I'm just interested because I've heard so many different things about the LCP. I owned a Keltec P3AT and had to send it back to the factory three times, at my own expense, before giving up on it and selling it. It was a really convenient and concealable gun, but I hardly felt I could call it a "backup" when it wasn't as likely to go bang as my other CC guns.

Default Re: Ruger LCP recall

Quote Originally Posted by panther76 View Post
    Have you had any malfunctions with the LCP or did you just send it back because of the recall? Also, how many rounds and what kind have you put through it so far?

I'm just interested because I've heard so many different things about the LCP. I owned a Keltec P3AT and had to send it back to the factory three times, at my own expense, before giving up on it and selling it. It was a really convenient and concealable gun, but I hardly felt I could call it a "backup" when it wasn't as likely to go bang as my other CC guns.
    My LCP has been flawless. Mine was a relatively early production model and had the old version slide hold-back. They sent me a new one without cost and I replaced it myself. I've worked on only one other gun so I was apprehensive. Went smoothly. I requalified it for EDC without incident. Added a Crimson Trace LaserGuard primarily to lower the cost of training as it gives an unlimited opportunity for dry-fire to perfect and maintain trigger discipline. I also use a snap cap for insurance.

I reluctantly sent mine in for recall processing because I've grown accustomed to having it as my BUG.

Lots more information at http://LCPforum.com/.
    Howard - I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!