Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Similar to Keltec P3AT?

So, Keltec's P3AT is *tiny*, and kind of neat because of that. On the other hand, I owned a P-11 from Keltec, and wound up trading it because it was *painful* to shoot. A pistol I couldn't practice with wasn't much use to me, so away it went.

Is the P3AT worth looking at? The tiny size while still firing a larger-than-.32 round seemed a huge plus to me. Any other manufacturers making things in 9mm or 380 around the same size?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Similar to Keltec P3AT?

the P3AT is a pain to shoot, too, but not as much as shooting 9mm.

other guns to consider are the Ruger LCP, a P3AT rip off, the Kahr 380, which should be in stores soon, the NAA Guardian, and the Seecamp 380. the NAA and Seecamp are have pretty solid builds, and are pretty heavy as a result; felt recoil is greatly reduced as a result. the Ruger has a better fit and finish than the Keltec, but already have had recalls for problems.

(Somerset County)

i have a P3AT, so far i love it, i got it because i thought that it would be easy to carry, i find myself carring it way more ofter than i thought i would. i got an inside the waist band and a in the pocket holster, it couldn't be more confortable. i forget its there half the time. as far as shooting i am having a little trouble getting used to the heavy trigger i seem to shoot low all the time, but up close i know i can hit what i am aiming at. having this in my pocket is better than my other big guns that seem to sit on my dresser a lot more than i take them out. i always felt funny with a big heavy gun on my side even though they were well hidden they bothered me and made me fell like people knew i had it.

(Somerset County)

The kel tec P3AT isn't a target piece, it is meant to be concealed more than shot. Yes it has some recoil to it, but at least it has better odds on being in my pocket when needed than a larger handgun.

You must decide what you want, easier to shoot or easier to carry?

Shoot enough to be proficient, you are not shoting any IPSC matches with it.
    We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

George Orwell

(Bucks County)

I carry my P3AT everywhere, using a pocket holster in a front pants pocket... can't even tell it's there unless I'm wearing jeans that are too tight, and then there is no printing (not that it matters in PA), it just looks like a cell phone or wallet in my pocket.

No, it's not fun to shoot. I call it "the hand breaker"... but I'd much rather have a broken/bruised hand than be dead.

Edit: Every time I go to the range, I whip it out (the gun, that is) and fire off a few rounds before I leave... good practice with any carry weapon, but especially with the P3AT because if you don't make a habit of shooting it, you won't want to

(Somerset County)

I carry my kel tec pf 9 almost always . it,s about the size of the p3at and is 9mm . does it have a kick ? you bet you it does . I wouldn,t want a handgun that didn,t.
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .