Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Securing Pistol in a Car

I can not bring a gun to work, however I can leave one in the car while I'm in the building. (The building I work in is not owned by the company) While I don't plan on doing this on a regular basis, I can foresee several scenarios when I'd like to bring my gun to work, but leave it in the car.

So, the question is this...how would you secure your pistol in your car if you need to leave it unattended for hours at a time? Would you put it in a compartment in the trunk, create a hidden compartment, lock it in the center console...etc? Also, would you separate the mags from the weapon just in case someone manages to break into the vehicle?

I would be interested in hearing opinions on this subject.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Securing Pistol in a Car

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    I can not bring a gun to work, however I can leave one in the car while I'm in the building. (The building I work in is not owned by the company) While I don't plan on doing this on a regular basis, I can foresee several scenarios when I'd like to bring my gun to work, but leave it in the car.

So, the question is this...how would you secure your pistol in your car if you need to leave it unattended for hours at a time? Would you put it in a compartment in the trunk, create a hidden compartment, lock it in the center console...etc? Also, would you separate the mags from the weapon just in case someone manages to break into the vehicle?

I would be interested in hearing opinions on this subject.
    if i have to lock mine in my vehicle (pens game, ect.) i lock it in my center consol and either take the ammo with me or hide it in a seperate location. I have seen under the seat 'pop-out' lock boxes that have a sliding lockable drawer that look pretty legit.

(Carbon County)

they have gun safes for the car, it has a cable to lock it around a seat frame or whatever. i use one if i need to lock it up. i think they are like 20 or 30 bucks. they are small and flat so the also fit under the seat.

(Bucks County)

it's called a car gub locker. it comes with a cable that wraps around something like the front seat frame, the cable might be around 1/8 . it feels pretty sturdy to me..
    there are 2 sizes,I bought 1 for each vehicle, just so all my bases are covered.
    this is where I bought mine link
    I feel much better now, not keeping it in the glove box
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Clearfield County)

Here's how I travel with and secure my S/A XD45 Tactical. The holster is from Gum Creek Customs, http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/ and I think I bought the lock box from Cabela's, I can't remember.

Note the security cable. I secure it to the seat frame and case, lock the pistol and spare mag in the case, then pop it into the console.

If somebody is going to take it, they'll have to have some cutting equipment of some sort, but it will stop the smash and grab.

"Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." G.K. Chesterton