Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Chester County sheriff's auction of AR-15 for K9 fundraiser

Chester County sheriff's auction of AR-15 for K9 fundraiser

WEST CHESTER – Chester County Sheriff Carolyn “Bunny” Welsh defended her office Monday against complaints from residents about a charity raffle featuring an assault-style rifle at a time when concern over such weapons has been heightened by recent shooting incidents.

“I can understand that there may be people who are concerned,” Welsh said in an interview in her office in the county Justice Center. “But you need to understand two things – this is a legal weapon, and the individual (who wins it) has to undergo a background check.”

As the elected official responsible for overseeing the issuance of gun permits in the county, Welsh said she is an ardent supporter not only of gun safety, but also of responsible gun ownership.

Link to full article

(York County)

Default Re: Chester County sheriff's auction of AR-15 for K9 fundraiser

I love the hoplophobic comments these people made.

“I find the whole thing shocking,” said Stephanie Marksman of West Chester, who said she was alerted to the gun raffle through an e-mail from a friend late last week. “I just think the whole thing is irresponsible, and in light of everything that has been happening recently I find it appalling.”

Yes, so shocking and appaling that if you never recieved the email in the first place you wouldn't have even known of it, because I doubt you were lining up to donate any of your money to begin with.

“I think that gun violence is the biggest threat to the public safety that we face today, and it is irresponsible to throw another gun into the mix,” Heyman said on Monday. “This seems insensitive coming from a law enforcement agency, and it also seems unnecessary. To think that an agency charged with protecting the public is auctioning off an assault weapon is just crazy.”

Even bigger than say foreign or domestic terrorism? What mix? My gun safe? Jesus, you must think a gun show is a bloodbath. Insensitive or unnecessary from LEOs? Okay, so if that same agency were to use them for their officers thats okay right? Even if they are marching up and down your street in BDUs and with APCs looking for a fugitive one day? No ma'am, whats crazy is that you think that the term "assault weapon" is a defined thing.

“I think the fewer of these types of guns in the community the better,” said Andi Hubbard of Downingtown. “This was a poor choice as a way to raise funds. I would think it would eliminate some people who might want to buy tickets. To raffle off an AR-15 is just crazy to me.”

Don't lie, you think the fewer types of any guns in the community somehow makes it safer, but whats crazy is you actually call this thinking..Oh, and by the way, I think the amount of people who now want to buy raffle tickets just got substantially larger.

“I so support the Second Amendment, and the right of citizens to bear arms,” he said Monday. “But I am not sure why an average citizen would need to own an assault rifle. And I am a little concerned that the county sheriff’s department would need to raffle off that type of gun.”

And I sooooo want you to explain to me why its okay for one average citizen to tell another average citizen what they NEED, or what the sheriff's department should need for a raffle. Oh thats right I forgot, you libtards are in some higher caste than us peons, enlightened.

“There is nothing to prevent them from raffling off this weapon, other than where we are as a county in thinking about gun control and gun violence. But I would have hoped they would have taken that into consideration before choosing that type of weapon.”

Where you are as far as gun control goes is this: Millions of gun owners across the country are tired of listening to your BS, and Id be willing to bet the Sheriff is too. What was taken into consideration is that these modern sporting rifles are now the most widely owned and sought after rifles in the country, and tons of people in that county would be lining up to buy a raffle ticket in hopes of winning such a decent piece of machinery.

“While this is not the way I would choose to raise money for a government agency, I applaud the sheriff’s office for ensuring that the winners of the AR-15 and the (other gun) undergo background checks,” she said in an e-mail in response to questions from the Daily Local News.

Thanks for your opinion, thanks for your support of the already used background checks.

“ Too many assault weapons and other long guns are sold in Pennsylvania without background checks,” said Comitta, another member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns. “It’s time to require background checks for every gun transfer no matter who the seller is or what kind of gun is being sold. “

You had your time, you failed, now its time for illegal mayors against guns to tell me how any of your nonsense will actually reduce crimes commited with firearms...I am still waiting.

(York County)

Even that black one below it is scary as hell, IDK if its an assault weapon but its certainly black like one, so it must be!!!

(Berks County)

Yea, if a responsible, law abiding person wins the gun, I guess school kids are in more danger than ever. The insanity from these retards makes me want to slam my head into the wall. WWWTTF???
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Delaware County)

“I find the whole thing shocking,” said Stephanie Marksman of West Chester, who said she was alerted to the gun raffle through an e-mail from a friend late last week. “I just think the whole thing is irresponsible, and in light of everything that has been happening recently I find it appalling.”

Should prolly change her last name?
    NRA for life.

(Chester County)

Where can I buy a chance on this. I usually don't gamble but would like to make this a success and an ongoing thing.

(Chester County)

Tickets can be had by calling Deputy McKinney at 610-344-4314 or at the Sheriffs office in West Chester.

(Chester County)

Anyone have an idea if they contacted the winners yet? Itching to know if I got lucky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast