Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default So two people run up onto my house. The good, the bad and lesson learn.

I'll first get to that no one was shot tonight and it turns out to be my bother
    and sister's boyfriend. Going to post this the best I can and hopefully you guys
    can take something from it. Myself as well. I made a few mistakes. Not to bad being in a dead sleep.

Two kids upstairs. I'm a sleep upstairs. wife crashed out on the couch. Bother crashed out on the air mattress on the first floor. Wife see a flashlight out side and peaks out the window.
    See's two guys running. One each way (back porch and front). Unknow car on the street.
    Due to the water main break front door is not an option. So both are now on my back porch. My bother gets my loaded CC and holds the back door with about 10 feet between him and the door. I gusse he hears them walk back down the stairs and are talking so he runs upstairs and all I remember is get your gun there are 2 people with flashlights trying to get in the house. I rolled over and went for my S&W 40 dropped a mag and chambered it. Then got the gun box and got the Ruger and went downstairs. I sent the wife up stairs to get another gun and put her with the kids. I put my bother back towards the dinning and told him to hold it there. Here I know I'm going to catch crap for this, but I go out the back door and see a car pulling off and they must of seen me and stopped.

Yes my two bothers doing what we always do. They thought it would be funny to run up into my house. Which is nothing new. Just happened the water main break we were working on beat us. Were all in bed at 9pm. Funny thing is the bother inlaw had the most sense because he asked my bother if they have guns.

I'm going to have to think about what happened tonight. Maybe edit this a little bit.
    Hard to type on a HTC. Be safe guys....

(Indiana County)

Default Re: So two people run up onto my house. The good, the bad and lesson learn.

Smack the two of them in the head with a two-by-four. And, since you now have their undivided attention, graphically and specifically spell out to them how very, very close they came to getting shot.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: So two people run up onto my house. The good, the bad and lesson learn.

Your brothers are still a bother.

(Erie County)

And you or some member of your family called 911 at what point after seeing people trying to look into the house using flashlights?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    And you or some member of your family called 911 at what point after seeing people trying to look into the house using flashlights?
    Valid comment and would likely be asked in Court.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    Probably good that they didn't in this case.They might have ended up with dead relatives,shot by the police !
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Monroe County)

Pranks like this are simply not funny. They could easily end up very dead, very quickly. What they did was incredibly stupid.
    Everyone should have an AK-47

(Franklin County)

I know the feeling associated with this.
    Many, many years ago (I was 16) my best friends parents went out of town for a week so I stayed at his house while they were gone. They left about 7pm one day (his dad liked to drive at night). We had to go to school the next day so we were crashed by about 11. I was sleeping on the couch in the den, at about 1am he kicks me and says "there's someone trying to get in the basement window", he has his 12 gauge in hand. You can clearly hear the window open and someone climb in and they are walking around so my friend plants himself at the top of the stairs waiting for someone to come around the corner. Then he sees a figure with a flashlight come around the corner at the bottom of the stairs, he takes aim at their head and yells at them to stop. The figure immediately stopped and said "its me". As it turns out, it was his dad. They had car trouble and he had gotten a ride back home but forgot and left his house keys with his wife back at their broken down car so he decided to not wake us and just sneak into the basement to grab the tools he needed. He almost got blasted that night. After everything was over we just kind of sat around the dining table staring at each other not knowing what to say or who to blame. We didn't really ever talk about it, especially to my friend's mom.
    I can say, at the time, calling the police was not something either of us even considered. We were in "fight or flight' mode and had decided to fight so calling for help was a low priority. I can say nothing to the OP for not thinking to immediately call 911 because I know where his head was and calling for help was not top priority.
    Last edited by ray h; September 9th, 2012 at 08:07 AM.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by EandGWZ View Post
    Valid comment and would likely be asked in Court.
    Might be asked, but if I was on the jury I would understand that they were too busy trying to get the children to safety and arm themselves to call 911. Priorities.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lebanon County)

911 is last on my priorities when my families safety is at risk.

Assess the situation then if need be take action. All too often the "wrong" people get hurt or worse killed.

You have a voice for a reason. Use it and you could prevent a disaster. If you yell to someone in your house and they do not respond it could be an intruder. Family is already awake and tucked away safely somewhere else in the house. If there is no vocal response the Mother or other person able to call 911 should do so, if no one else is available to handle the call do it your self and set the phone down. the response time here for an unresponsive dial in is so fast due to domestic abuse in the area being so high its rediculous. not all areas are that way but we had someone butt dial ems and from the time of the call till they showed up was less than 3min. and we lived 2 miles out of the city.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast