Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY BRIDE

(Lebanon County)

Default MY BRIDE

Why do I get away with all of my huntin', fishin' and the things that I enjoy.
    I have a great bride of almost 50 years. She (Shirley) my bride, said to me early on ; "I would rather have you do that stuff, than hanging in a gin mill". That's a great deal. I would be wacko, to jeopardize the deal.

This thread is about Mom, Mom-Mom, My wife, My Bride and Shirley. Her first name Shirley, is on all important documents, but her middle initial has lost it's way. Mom (I have called her that for close to 50years), has an A, E, and a L on these documents. A for Anne, E for Eleanor and L for Leona. Somewhere between her Birth, Baptism and Confirmation things got tangled up. WHO CARES---I still call her Mom.

Me a free spirit, Shirley must be laid back. They say contrast is good in a marriage.

I am posting some pictures of the glue (my bride) that keeps our family in check. All of these pics except the first one, begin with a 7 in front of Mom's age.

a) This picture of my bride,to quote guys I worked with, "Shirley must have really bad eyesight, to pick you out". JEALOUS ?
    b) After driving this bear, Shirley said "I want one".
    c) This is just a fair bass----Next pic please ! #&$&* I can't get one over 11 inches.
    d) Mom in the Ozarks %^#$$%%^#@#$%%%^^ What's runnin' down my leg. I hate height. Not Mom.
    c) She is not certifiable, but she is certified (you betcha' Shirley is)-----Watch out jaws.

Who is your significant ????????????????????????????
    fossil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Chester County)

Default Re: MY BRIDE

Shirley is a keeper and you're a lucky man. Congratulations on a great relationship...!

(Delaware County)

Probably the best life lived is one where a man marries and builds a long and successful relationship, family and shared memories. Good on ya, mate. Some of us marry a certifiable nut job and don't find out till a ways down the road and have to deal with the often unavoidable long-term aftermath. Some, not me fortunately, have done that more than once!
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Northampton County)

Wow, if you don't mind me saying, you married a hottie Growing old (or young) together over 50 years with a woman like that must really be something. God Bless you and your Wife, Fossil.

(Delaware County)

My congratulations to Fossil; I have been lucky as well. We just celebrated our 40th, so we need to go another decade to match you. My bride came from a no-guns, horror at the idea family. She gave me leeway, watched me progress, encouraged me to be proficient, and finally started joining me. I am profoundly grateful to have found my soulmate.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Wayne County)

What no pictures at the reloading bench? Nice goin Fossil, hope you have many more happy years together.

(Bucks County)

fossil, you have truly been blessed. God gave you an amazing wife, and you better damn well be doing something outstanding for her every anniversary. she puts up with the reloading AND you coming on poofa.

I'm glad you 2 have each other....now, go do something nice for her, would'ya?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Montgomery County)

Congrats to you!

Hokkmike Guest

Our 43rd anniversary in 13 days!

(Berks County)

Congrats fossil. No life is perfect, there are always some hardships.

Looks like you have come damn close to the perfect life, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast