Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Alcatraz - guns

(Bucks County)

Default Alcatraz - guns

I don't know if anyone has seen the new show Alcatraz, but I think it could be good.

The question I have is what is the pistol that Jack pulled from the locker? It looked like a .40 or .45, but I'm having a hard time identifying it.

And I have to take an issue with the Winchester Model 70. They were claiming that it's an old gun and only specialty shops would sell one. This is complete BS, right? Winchester still makes the 70...

Cali has some f-ed up gun laws. How could a guy just walk in, buy a rifle and not have to show some sort of ID? On top of the fact that he got a suppressor as well? Seriously folks?
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Alcatraz - guns

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I don't know if anyone has seen the new show Alcatraz, but I think it could be good.

The question I have is what is the pistol that Jack pulled from the locker? It looked like a .40 or .45, but I'm having a hard time identifying it.

And I have to take an issue with the Winchester Model 70. They were claiming that it's an old gun and only specialty shops would sell one. This is complete BS, right? Winchester still makes the 70...

Cali has some f-ed up gun laws. How could a guy just walk in, buy a rifle and not have to show some sort of ID? On top of the fact that he got a suppressor as well? Seriously folks?
    Not sure about the handgun. I deleted it from the DVR and its not up on imfdb.org yet.

Was that even a model 70? Did they ever make them to colapse down like that or it must have been a custom job.

Also when your buying from a firearms dealer who lost his FFL and "his wife" has one and he is just an employee. I'm betting with enough cash you can get anything you want.

Also the show is about convicts being transported in time. So a little suspension of disbelief has to be applied.

Decent show though.

Default Re: Alcatraz - guns

Jack's gun looks like an HK USP Match but not sure about the caliber or other details