Thread: VEPR K?

(Bucks County)

Default VEPR K?

VEPR K

its an ak varient.
    actually an RPK on a 16in barrel.

ultra-heavy receiver.
    Robinson arms makes them.
    supposedly some of the most accurate ak's out there.

Seems hard to locate them though. are they discontinued?
    i found this link through google but its very old.

http://robarm.com/RA_veprK_762x39mm.htm

Anyone know more info on where to find one?
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

Traffic cluster**** capitol, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: VEPR K?

the only gripe i have with the Vepr is the funky PG/buttstock set up,.. you either love it or hate it,.. i am one of the ones that hate it.

do a internet search for "the AK forum" and get regestered,.there is a board there just for the Vepr and Saiga rifles.

basically every one overthere is a Kalashnikov nut and you can find all the answers you want.

(Luzerne County)

The Gun Auction boards routinely list them. IMO, they are way overpriced for an AK with improved accuracy due (mostly) to the strengthed reciever. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE AKs but would rather throw my (similar amount of) cash @ a FAL, CETME-PTR or AR platform if I was looking for any accuracy.

For downright fun, dependability and grin factor I would pick up a run of the mill, low dollar cheap hooker equivilant AK. The VEPR is a lot more $ for not a lot more AK.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Holleta View Post
    The Gun Auction boards routinely list them. IMO, they are way overpriced for an AK with improved accuracy due (mostly) to the strengthed reciever. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE AKs but would rather throw my (similar amount of) cash @ a FAL, CETME-PTR or AR platform if I was looking for any accuracy.

For downright fun, dependability and grin factor I would pick up a run of the mill, low dollar cheap hooker equivilant AK. The VEPR is a lot more $ for not a lot more AK.
    yeah, i as im a real fan of the 7.62x39 round, i dont mind droppin in some extra cash cash for one. I held one and was really impressed with how solid that receiver is.
    to bad there is nothing really on the auction boards for them. none of the nice pistol grip w/ poly stock.

Drakin
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Allegheny County)

The VEPR is very well built and finished and will deliver quite good accuracy and perfect function.

That being said they are very heavy for a rifle (carbine, really) of that overall size. If this is just a range rifle, then no problem. If this is something that you might tote with you or use in a class, unless you have tremendous upperbody strength it might be too much.

RobArm is liquidating the last of theirs, and honestly I think they're too much. I wouldn't pay over $700 for one, but that might not be realistic right now.