Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Obama's Healthcare

Everybody has to die, and today it's YOUR turn...

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Obama's Healthcare

So what's different for those who are uninsured?

Oh - I'm not paying for someone else NOT to be dying... even though I am. Gotcha...

Abbottstown/Hanover/Gettysburg area, Pennsylvania
    (Adams County)

If insurance is mandatory, who pays for those who do not have the money to purchase. We do. Why can't some one self insure themselves. If they have the money why must they purchase.

So if the government option, or what ever they call it, costs for example $4800 yearly. How does someone making $10 hour or basically $20,000 yearly pay for the policy and the deductibles. If no deductible/out of pocket who is paying them.

I am off on disability and do not have medicare at this point. I pay "Cobra" $1,077 monthly for my wife and I through High Mark. That includes prescriptions and a basic dental plan. Out of pocket is $2,000 for medical. My Cobra payment is like maybe $400 and my wife's portion is maybe $700. So I pay $15,000 for my coverage plus a portion of drug cost, $80 monthly on average. Dental exam is paid. Everything else is more or less 50%. Thankfully I am able to pay this. I realize I am blessed but then I do need the coverage. Everyone at my company who leaves or what ever would be offered the same program through cobra for the same price. How can people afford this? Again I have a good plan, and I am paying it but it is costing close to $16,000 plus any out of pocket for dental yearly. Think about that.

So I ask how will Obama's plan change this and if it does who is paying for it. The insurance company in less profits by government forcing a lower premium and the doctor/hospital as the amount paid for the procedure is lowered.

If that is true then the doctor is going to have a lower salary and therefore will be the loser. Why would a person want to be a doctor and how will they afford a private practice. The insurance companies may not be able to lower there premiums enough and everyone will go for the government option. Thus putting the private companies or at least some out of business. The less doctors/hospitals the longer the wait to have a procedure or see the doctor.

So who pays for those who can't afford even the govenment option. Working American's. (I can't believe that the government option will be able to offer a policy with good benefits, that doctors will accept, nationwide and without price adjusting for location for a significant lower premium that is affordable. The government option has to receive government funds to make it work. Those funds are our tax payer money.)

It seems like we are taking from the wealthy, doctors and insurance companies and trying to give it to those who can't afford the insurance.

I am for reform but this doesn't make sense.

Would I like to see things changed yes. Do I like this plan no........
    Last edited by doxie3; September 10th, 2009 at 06:53 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by doxie3 View Post
    If insurance is mandatory, who pays for those who do not have the money to purchase. We do. Why can't some one self insure themselves. If they have the money why must they purchase.

So if the government option, or what ever they call it, costs for example $4800 yearly. How does someone making $10 hour or basically $20,000 yearly pay for the policy and the deductibles. If no deductible/out of pocket who is paying them.

I am off on disability and do not have medicare at this point. I pay "Cobra" $1,077 monthly for my wife and I through High Mark. That includes prescriptions and a basic dental plan. Out of pocket is $2,000 for medical. My Cobra payment is like maybe $400 and my wife's portion is maybe $700. So I pay $15,000 for my coverage plus a portion of drug cost, $80 monthly on average. Dental exam is paid. Everything else is more or less 50%. Thankfully I am able to pay this. I realize I am blessed but then I do need the coverage. Everyone at my company who leaves or what ever would be offered the same program through cobra for the same price. How can people afford this? Again I have a good plan, and I am paying it but it is costing close to $16,000 plus any out of pocket for dental yearly. Think about that.

So I ask how will Obama's plan change this and if it does who is paying for it. The insurance company in less profits by government forcing a lower premium and the doctor/hospital as the amount paid for the procedure is lowered.

If that is true then the doctor is going to have a lower salary and therefore will be the loser. Why would a person want to be a doctor and how will they afford a private practice. The insurance companies may not be able to lower there premiums enough and everyone will go for the government option. Thus putting the private companies or at least some out of business. The less doctors/hospitals the longer the wait to have a procedure or see the doctor.

So who pays for those who can't afford even the govenment option. Working American's. (I can't believe that the government option will be able to offer a policy with good benefits, that doctors will accept, nationwide and without price adjusting for location for a significant lower premium that is affordable. The government option has to receive government funds to make it work. Those funds are our tax payer money.)

It seems like we are taking from the wealthy, doctors and insurance companies and trying to give it to those who can't afford the insurance.

I am for reform but this doesn't make sense.

Would I like to see things changed yes. Do I like this plan no........
    You seem to hit the problem on the head, Rep for you.