Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Oh the irony! Towing 201...

I progressed to Towing 201, as I met the prereq. of getting it into my driveway, merely taking 20 minutes to do it (that's progress for me). I smile at myself because I didn't damage anything, not the camper, not my garage or my car! GO ME!

So, I get her in the driveway, and proceed to park my car up by my house. I have a detached 4 car about 250 feet from the house. I come in the house and no 10 minutes later I hear a smashing sound.

My drivers side was taken out by an 80-year-old. I did all the insurance calling etc...

But, here is a question I would like to know...

It was shoved pretty hard, sideways. She hit it head on, but on the side. ( I have no idea what she was doing, but she hit my car straight on at the door). The door, the running board and the piece below the door, but above the running board is in a "V" shape.

How do you make sure your frame isn't bent? Is my frame "under" the car? Or does the piece below the door, but above the running board constitute my frame?

Edited to add: I don't think I should drive it. I took it around the block to see if I could and it makes some pretty odd noises under the car, at the drivers side front wheel. Great, no car. I'll be pissed if I can't camp next weekend.
    Last edited by AgirlAndAgun; July 16th, 2009 at 04:42 PM.

(Warren County)

Default Re: Oh the irony! Towing 201...

Look at the fit of the doors on the other side, as well as the hood and trunk.

A bent frame shows up all over the place.

Mangled unibody has similar issues.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Look at the fit of the doors on the other side, as well as the hood and trunk.

A bent frame shows up all over the place.

Mangled unibody has similar issues.
    I found out what was rubbing, my running board was pushed into my back tire (I now ruined the tire I suppose) and the door does not close all the way.

I took pictures and then got a sledge hammer and knocked the crap out of the running board to push it away from my tire. I NEED a car.

I'm very cranky right now. I can't even stand to be around myself.

(Lebanon County)

Where do you need to go? I mean aside from camping? I live in Lebanon. We're replacing our van today. If I can help you out I'd be happy to. (Just don't ask me to hide my gun. ROFL)

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Where do you need to go? I mean aside from camping? I live in Lebanon. We're replacing our van today. If I can help you out I'd be happy to. (Just don't ask me to hide my gun. ROFL)
    Awe, thank you! I can drive it now. I sledge hammered the running board. I took a picture of it before I did it just in case the insurance company has a fit about it though.

Some time I would like to meet up with you, go to the range. Maybe you have some 'pointers' for me. I'm fairly new to shooting (about 6 months) and I'm left handed, but I've been taught safety and went to classes, so I'm not a 'threat' to be around, just new. LOL

(Lebanon County)

No worries. Been around new shooters before. I am also an NRA instructor for basic pistol and in the home firearms safety. Where do you like to shoot? We're members at Palmyra. We have 24/7 access so let me know anytime you're free and we'll set up a time to go. Just hit me up with a PM. (don't worry I can drive. ROFL) And practice will make perfect.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    No worries. Been around new shooters before. I am also an NRA instructor for basic pistol and in the home firearms safety. Where do you like to shoot? We're members at Palmyra. We have 24/7 access so let me know anytime you're free and we'll set up a time to go. Just hit me up with a PM. (don't worry I can drive. ROFL) And practice will make perfect.
    I mostly shoot with my dad, at Heidelberg, sometimes Manheim. I just may take you up on your offer, but I may have to wait until school starts back up. My girls cut into my pleasure quite a bit.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by AgirlAndAgun View Post
    How do you make sure your frame isn't bent? Is my frame "under" the car? Or does the piece below the door, but above the running board constitute my frame?
    Your frame is the steel rails underneath the car that the body of the car is bolted to. Look underneath, you can't miss it

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by AgirlAndAgun View Post
    How do you make sure your frame isn't bent?
    Take the vehicle to a reputable body shop. They should look at it while writing the estimate.

(Centre County)

I need some clarification. Someone hit your car that was parked in your driveway? is this correct? I would be livid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast