Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: STI Trojan

(Bucks County)

Default STI Trojan

Today I stopped by Seneca Arms and picked up my STI Trojan 9mm 1911. For a while now, I've wanted to visit John's shop and purchase a firearm from the man . . . and a fellow PAFOA.org member.

Unfortunately, he's not an STI dealer, so this was just a transfer. Fortunately though, while I was in the store I also picked up the GSG-5 he set aside for me.

Back to the STI Trojan though.

This is my first 1911, and I know some might think it's a since not to go .45ACP, but I'm a fan of the 9mm cartridge and this pistol works for me on many levels.

The pistol has earned a good reputation as an excellent example of what a semi-custom should be, and I have to say that I'm very impressed with the way it shoots at this point.

The recoil is so minimal that shooting it is a dream. The single action trigger is very short, very crisp. Seriously, very nice shooter.

What took me so long to venture into 1911 waters?

Disassembly was a little tough, because the bushing was WAY too tight. I shredded a plastic bushing wrench trying to turn it, and then had to really work to remove it after taking out the guide rod. Hopefully, with more firing and disassembly and reassembly, this process will get easier.

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Re: STI Trojan

I have an STI Trojan as well in a .45ACP. LOVE the gun. Only trouble I had is with FMJ round nose ammo. The gun doesn't like it. It also dents the casing upon ejection...minor issue, both of which I think can be resolved locally for next to nothing, if not nothing by friends that are more talented at working on these things than I am. STI has told me that they will work those issues out if I send it back. For the cost of shipping, I think I could get it worked locally though.

I am not concerned about either of these issues at all. I like the gun so much, this being my last gun purchase, Ive decided that my next purchase will be the same in a 9mm.

Enjoy it, and good luck with it. STI stands behind their product and if you have any issues at all, don't hesitate to call or email. I've used both and gotten FAST responses using both.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: STI Trojan

Very, very good purchase...

Chazwantsoneman321
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: STI Trojan

The STI sound very nice. I am not too familiar with the gun, but I have heard good things about them.
    I am also a fan of the 9mm cartridge myself.
    And I have a GSG-5, and that gun is truely a pleasure to shoot. very fun.
    Congrats on both pick ups.
    Last edited by RONNIE77; September 24th, 2008 at 10:35 PM.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers