Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: New to CC

Default New to CC

I'm a new gun owner and am about to pick up my LTCF in Pittsburgh tomorrow. I bought a Springfield XD 9m sub compact to carry. I want to carry around my waist, are there holsters that you guys would recommend?
    Last edited by Neo31rex31; September 23rd, 2008 at 02:31 PM.
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(Centre County)

Default Re: New to CC

If you are looking for an Inside-the-Waist-Band holster. I've read about a lot of people reccomending both the MTAC and the CTAC from Comp Tac as well as ones from a company called Raven Concealment?

People seem to prefer the ones from Comp Tac due to their adjustability and the ones from Raven for their lifetime guarantee.

Personally, I think I'm going to go with one of the Ones from Comp-Tac who when I start to Carry in T-minus two months and one day......
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made

alrighty, thanks

(Berks County)

Before you buy a holster, I'd recommend first finding where its most comfortable for you to carry and draw from. Unload your your gun and just slide it into you waistband where you think you'll want to carry and then just do stuff around the house that will have you sitting, standing, twisting, etc. Try drawing from that spot as well. If its not a comfortable carry spot, or its an awkward draw for you, try another spot, and another, etc.

Once you know where you're going to be carrying you'll know what you need in a holster to accomodate that. Also, keep in mind how you dress. Jeans and tshirt, or khakis and polo? Shirt tucked or untucked? etc.

If you take the time to figure out exactly what you need, you'll spend alot less money on hoslters because you'll know what you're looking for right off rather than trying a dozen different holsters before finding the one that works. A "good" holster is gonna cost a bit of money, but in the end its worth it.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Thank you for the info

(Lebanon County)

A holster is a very personal choice. What works for one person will not always work for another even if they are carrying the exact same gun. You will get excellent feedback here so consider all options. Thank you for taking responsibility for your safety and exercising your 2A right.