Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Thumbs down Sportsmans Guide stinks worse than Hillary's Pant suits after an August day in Vegas

I have used Sportsman's guide a few times over the years, and have decided they are singularly the the worst online company I have ever dealt with.

These have taken place over a couple years.

1- Ordered 1,000 rounds of ammo that got back ordered. The stuff came in at a higher price(I get it) than what I had back ordered at, and they charged me the price I had not agreed to pay. 3 phone calls needed to get my money.

I figured "Hey, it happens."

2- I call to confirm what kind of shipping they use, and am told UPS.
    I place an order, they ship USPS. The address I provide to UPS does not work for USPS. Item undeliverable, never get the stupid thing, and the item goes out of stock. 3 phone calls to fix and get my money.

Apparently like a Massachusetts democrat, I am a glutton for punishment.

3- Yup 3. I know I am screwed in the head. Order 2 types of 5.7 ammo. They apparently do not understand the concept that ammo comes in different varieties, and send me they same kind, and more of the same crap at a higher price. 2 phone calls to get my money.

4- Yes I know, I am Sportman's Guides little bitch, and bitch better give them the money or else someone is gonna get slapped. I order a grip, a stupid rubber grip. Give a shipping address thats different than billing. Guess what, they ship to the billing address.

I swear I am leaving Sportsman's guide. I do not care that they treat my kids well when not drinking, and that they promise not to do it again.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Sportsmans Guide stinks worse than Hillary's Pant suits after an August day in Ve

So who wants to start a pool as to when he orders from them again?

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Sportsmans Guide stinks worse than Hillary's Pant suits after an August day in Ve

Well, Frenchy. I hope someone doesn't google "Hillary's Pant suits after an August day in Vegas" because they'll be very disappointed.

(Monroe County)

I am sure that will drive traffic to this website by the thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Well, Frenchy. I hope someone doesn't google "Hillary's Pant suits after an August day in Vegas" because they'll be very disappointed.

(Pike County)

Call her swamp thang!

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    I have used Sportsman's guide a few times over the years, and have decided they are singularly the the worst online company I have ever dealt with.

These have taken place over a couple years.

1- Ordered 1,000 rounds of ammo that got back ordered. The stuff came in at a higher price(I get it) than what I had back ordered at, and they charged me the price I had not agreed to pay. 3 phone calls needed to get my money.

I figured "Hey, it happens."

2- I call to confirm what kind of shipping they use, and am told UPS.
    I place an order, they ship USPS. The address I provide to UPS does not work for USPS. Item undeliverable, never get the stupid thing, and the item goes out of stock. 3 phone calls to fix and get my money.

Apparently like a Massachusetts democrat, I am a glutton for punishment.

3- Yup 3. I know I am screwed in the head. Order 2 types of 5.7 ammo. They apparently do not understand the concept that ammo comes in different varieties, and send me they same kind, and more of the same crap at a higher price. 2 phone calls to get my money.

4- Yes I know, I am Sportman's Guides little bitch, and bitch better give them the money or else someone is gonna get slapped. I order a grip, a stupid rubber grip. Give a shipping address thats different than billing. Guess what, they ship to the billing address.

I swear I am leaving Sportsman's guide. I do not care that they treat my kids well when not drinking, and that they promise not to do it again.
    I just came across this post. It seems they do these things to everyone. I too ordered ammo from them at one price, only to have them charge me more and charged the extra money to my card without my consent. Seems they pull this on everyone.
    Backordered ammo? did it several times, never heard about those backorders again.
    They have a good racket going for themselves. Think how many customers they must have done this to. I warn everyone I know not to deal with this company. Seems they have gotten so big, they don't care what they do.
    I contacted the better business bureau in South St. Paul. They didn't have many complaints. Bullshit. They're probably getting paid off by this company.

(Berks County)

Been ordering from Sportsmans guide for over 15 years, 3 of us at work split the cost of the "buyers club" for the discount prices.

Ammo seems to be the only problem with them, whenever they have a deal, it gets sold out fast! Then the stupid backorder e-mail...I usually cancel the order.

All the other stuff I have ordered has been no problem, even a few returns over the years were pretty painless. I order mostly gun parts, ammo, clothing and military surplus. Between the 3 of us at work we do about 3 to 4 orders a year.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Monroe County)

I've never ordered ammo from them but I've probably placed 5 or 6 orders from them for hunting related items, always good stuff at a great price. I've had to call them a few times because I lost discount codes... etc and they have been helpful.

If I had to figure out the amount I saved over buying a lot of my gear at Cabelas... its easily over 500 - 750.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Montgomery County)

Yes, SGs service has gone down hill, but they have always made it right for me.
    I was overcharged $10 each on 3 orders, and I had no problem getting that money back.
    Another time I ordered a 5 pack of Hungarian 20 rd AK mags, and they sent me National Mag 20 rounders(Which really sucked) They sent me a return slip and an apology, but I decided to keep the mags and get them working.
    From my experience (not just with this company) customer service seems to handle complaints based on the way they are presented. As my grandmother would say "You'll catch more flies with honey then you will being an asshole" but then again she was a little odd. To the OP, I'm not saying you were an ass, but words approach and presentation make a huge difference when it comes to customer service. I usually E-mail first, because it gives me time to word my dis-satisfaction, or frustration in a calm and professional way.
    Results may vary.

(Monroe County)

I was very kind with them the first 2 times. Cordial the third time. After 4, I find being accomodating not part of my nature. My pet snakes do like the guide as bedding however.

Quote Originally Posted by Huggy View Post
    Yes, SGs service has gone down hill, but they have always made it right for me.
    I was overcharged $10 each on 3 orders, and I had no problem getting that money back.
    Another time I ordered a 5 pack of Hungarian 20 rd AK mags, and they sent me National Mag 20 rounders(Which really sucked) They sent me a return slip and an apology, but I decided to keep the mags and get them working.
    From my experience (not just with this company) customer service seems to handle complaints based on the way they are presented. As my grandmother would say "You'll catch more flies with honey then you will being an asshole" but then again she was a little odd. To the OP, I'm not saying you were an ass, but words approach and presentation make a huge difference when it comes to customer service. I usually E-mail first, because it gives me time to word my dis-satisfaction, or frustration in a calm and professional way.
    Results may vary.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast