Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Woman with O. C. handgun arrested outside Whitehouse.

http://concealednation.org/2014/11/w...e-white-house/

A 23-year-old woman from Michigan was arrested by Secret Service agents after they spotted a holstered handgun on her hip while she was standing outside of the White House Thursday evening.

The woman, identified as April Lenhart, is said to not be cooperating with the investigators. She is currently being held on suspicion of possessing an unregistered firearm.

Whether Lenhart did this as a political statement is yet to be known, but we do know that open carry of a firearm in the nation’s capital is illegal. We also know that it’s next to impossible to obtain a DC concealed carry permit.

It’s the second arrest is just as many days of a person in the vicinity of the White House with a firearm. Yesterday, a man was arrested when a rifle was spotted in his vehicle.

Regarding the Secret Service and White House safety, a proposal was put forward to build a 6-foot-wide moat around the building which would deter people from gaining access, such as the incident that happened not too long ago.

http://abc7.com/news/woman-with-hand...-house/404813/

Thursday, November 20, 2014 09:43PM
    WASHINGTON, D.C. (KABC) -- A 23-year-old Michigan woman who was carrying a 9-milimeter handgun in a holster was arrested by Secret Service agents outside the White House Thursday.

Plainclothes agents spotted April Lenhart along the north side of the White House on Pennsylvania Avenue at about 8:30 p.m. Uniformed agents were alerted and arrested her.

Lenhart was with a man who wasn't arrested, according to sources. Secret Service agents hoped to get a search warrant to look through her car, which was nearby.

DEVELOPING: We will add more details to this report as soon as they become available.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...rest/70040300/

Secret Service agents arrested a woman with a gun outside the White House Thursday night shortly after President Obama delivered an address to the nation on immigration, officials said.

April Lenhart, of Mount Morris., Mich., was participating in a demonstration along the White House's north fence when agents noticed a gun in a holster on her front hip at about 8:28 p.m., Secret Service spokesman Robert Hoback said in an email.

The 23-year-old woman was immediately taken into custody, Hoback said. She faces charges of possessing an unregistered firearm and unregistered ammunition, and for carrying a pistol without a license.

The president was in the White House at the time.

Lenhart had no statements, Hoback said.

The arrest was first reported by CBS News

As the person who posted this to facebook said.

I'm sorry, I can not hear you over how big this woman's balls are.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Default Re: Woman with O. C. handgun arrested outside Whitehouse.

Since none of the media sources posted a photo of her, can we assume she wasn't white?

So when a woman carrying a pistol in a holster...GRAB HER!

However, when drug runners enter the country illegally with kidnapped children...HEY LOOK OVER THERE, A WOMAN CARRYING A GUN!
    Last edited by alpacaheat; November 21st, 2014 at 04:11 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    http://concealednation.org/2014/11/w...e-white-house/

A 23-year-old woman from Michigan was arrested by Secret Service agents after they spotted a holstered handgun on her hip while she was standing outside of the White House Thursday evening.

The woman, identified as April Lenhart, is said to not be cooperating with the investigators. She is currently being held on suspicion of possessing an unregistered firearm.

Whether Lenhart did this as a political statement is yet to be known, but we do know that open carry of a firearm in the nation’s capital is illegal. We also know that it’s next to impossible to obtain a DC concealed carry permit.

It’s the second arrest is just as many days of a person in the vicinity of the White House with a firearm. Yesterday, a man was arrested when a rifle was spotted in his vehicle.

Regarding the Secret Service and White House safety, a proposal was put forward to build a 6-foot-wide moat around the building which would deter people from gaining access, such as the incident that happened not too long ago.

http://abc7.com/news/woman-with-hand...-house/404813/

Thursday, November 20, 2014 09:43PM
    WASHINGTON, D.C. (KABC) -- A 23-year-old Michigan woman who was carrying a 9-milimeter handgun in a holster was arrested by Secret Service agents outside the White House Thursday.

Plainclothes agents spotted April Lenhart along the north side of the White House on Pennsylvania Avenue at about 8:30 p.m. Uniformed agents were alerted and arrested her.

Lenhart was with a man who wasn't arrested, according to sources. Secret Service agents hoped to get a search warrant to look through her car, which was nearby.

DEVELOPING: We will add more details to this report as soon as they become available.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...rest/70040300/

Secret Service agents arrested a woman with a gun outside the White House Thursday night shortly after President Obama delivered an address to the nation on immigration, officials said.

April Lenhart, of Mount Morris., Mich., was participating in a demonstration along the White House's north fence when agents noticed a gun in a holster on her front hip at about 8:28 p.m., Secret Service spokesman Robert Hoback said in an email.

The 23-year-old woman was immediately taken into custody, Hoback said. She faces charges of possessing an unregistered firearm and unregistered ammunition, and for carrying a pistol without a license.

The president was in the White House at the time.

Lenhart had no statements, Hoback said.

The arrest was first reported by CBS News

As the person who posted this to facebook said.

I'm sorry, I can not hear you over how big this woman's balls are.
    Or how dumb her ass is.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

Good for her. Hopefully something good will come from this. DC's ban on unlicensed carry of any kind is clearly unconstitutional.
    Last edited by marinville; November 21st, 2014 at 04:47 PM.

At first I thought this might be a fake story because of the moat comment. I thought "no one would be stupid enough to suggest building a moat around the White House, maybe the story is fake". Turns out I was wrong some one was stupid enough to suggest this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...te-house-moat/

Unique security threats require unique security measures.

Acting Secret Service director Joseph Clancy on Wednesday testified before the House Judiciary Committee, where several lawmakers asked questions about a security breach in September that led to a jumper making his way into the White House.

Rep. Steven Cohen (D-Tenn.), after several questions about the security lapse, had a creative recommendation.

"Would a...moat—" Cohen began.

"Moat?" Clancy interrupted

"Water, six feet around,” Cohen continued, “be kind of attractive and effective?"

It's unclear if Cohen was joking or not.

"Sir, it may be," Clancey responded, unfazed. Clancy went on to explain that the Secret Service is concerned with balancing accessibility to the White House with the historic nature of the building.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

A moat? Oh for the days when you could knock on the door of the White House and talk to the President.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    At first I thought this might be a fake story because of the moat comment. I thought "no one would be stupid enough to suggest building a moat around the White House, maybe the story is fake". Turns out I was wrong some one was stupid enough to suggest this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...te-house-moat/

Unique security threats require unique security measures.

Acting Secret Service director Joseph Clancy on Wednesday testified before the House Judiciary Committee, where several lawmakers asked questions about a security breach in September that led to a jumper making his way into the White House.

Rep. Steven Cohen (D-Tenn.), after several questions about the security lapse, had a creative recommendation.

"Would a...moat—" Cohen began.

"Moat?" Clancy interrupted

"Water, six feet around,” Cohen continued, “be kind of attractive and effective?"

It's unclear if Cohen was joking or not.

"Sir, it may be," Clancey responded, unfazed. Clancy went on to explain that the Secret Service is concerned with balancing accessibility to the White House with the historic nature of the building.
    Moats surround castles. Castles house Kings. It's all making sense now, and bonus - it's another shovel-ready job.

(Lancaster County)

A moat is a great idea, can we fill it with sharks with fricken lasers?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

For One Million Dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    A moat is a great idea, can we fill it with sharks with fricken lasers?
    Mmmmm Sorry to inform you STREAKER we can't do that thanks to stupid fricken gooberment regulations!

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast