Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Our puppy died. blah.

So today before leaving for work, I didn't think our one black lab puppy would make it (we have two they are brothers). The one has a heart issue, I believe a murmor, and something with his vaulves, i forget. We got the little guy because when we were getting the one, they told us about his brother who they will going to kill because they knew he had issues, so we got them both, to give the one a normal life. The vet said there wasnt anything for them to do about it either. So tonight I get home from work, and the little guy didn't make it. I just hope he wasn't in pain, and I hope the nine months he had with us, was pretty good. Hopefully Dakota enjoyed his time.

*sigh*

Default Re: Our puppy died. blah.

WOW, so sorry to hear about your loss!

It is especially tough when they go so young, we lost our 'little guy' Goofy (a cat) less than a year ago, he was only 2, and to say it devastated both Tootie and I is an understatement! Christ I still get teary eyed thinking about him.

Only thing I can say without becoming a blubbering ahole is revel in the time you had with him and the love you showed each other. Pets REALLY know what love is all about, it is something that is unequivocal and is not given out lightly.

Again, VERY sorry for your loss and the pain you are feeling right now (as well as his brother is feeling) ... there's no words to express the love a pet owner knows.

I'm sorry for your loss.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    WOW, so sorry to hear about your loss!

It is especially tough when they go so young, we lost our 'little guy' Goofy (a cat) less than a year ago, he was only 2, and to say it devastated both Tootie and I is an understatement! Christ I still get teary eyed thinking about him.

Only thing I can say without becoming a blubbering ahole is revel in the time you had with him and the love you showed each other. Pets REALLY know what love is all about, it is something that is unequivocal and is not given out lightly.

Again, VERY sorry for your loss and the pain you are feeling right now (as well as his brother is feeling) ... there's no words to express the love a pet owner knows.

This.

Additionally, you allowed litter-mates to remain together until the end. I'm sure this comforted the little one and eased his passing, as opposed to being alone.

Well done. Very caring. Rep inbound.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

well done on your part. it's hard enough taking a healthy dog in. taking 1 with obvious medical problems and giving a loving home is never an easy undertaking. take comfort in knowing that you made that dog very happy. The fact that you did this shows you to be a remarable person.

(Allegheny County)

wow .. that sucks. Sorry to hear that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Berks County)

Really sorry to hear that, Dane. It's never easy to lose a member of the family.

(Bucks County)

That's sad. I'm sorry man. It was great of you to try to help the little guy.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks guys. I am just hoping he didnt have any pain. He wasn't doing good when I left for work today, and luckily i rubbed him and said goodbye.

(Luzerne County)

At least he got the nine months..better than getting killed.

We adopted two male kittens a few years back. The one lasted just over a year. He had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and essentially his heart became enlarged, weak, and thick. Spent 1500$ fighting a battle we could never win in his final 12 hours.

I took his brother in for an electrocardiogram the following week, and found out he has it too. He could die at any second, but at least he is on some medicine so it is being treated.

All said, i've spent over 4 grand on these two cats. 125$ a month for prescriptions, biannual ecg's...all for a cat that will be lucky to see 5 years.

Sad thing is, the money is the easy part.

Sorry for your pup, but you did the right thing adopting him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast