Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Next post to the mods

I don't mind you moving post I don't mind you combining post But would you please inform the Original Poster where you've moved the post to. As some of us follow our posted threads. In addition check dates on post. You guys are getting out of Hand with some of the stuff your doing. The article I posted was from today you combined it with a thread that was from January no problem but it was an update on what was happening to the 12 not the 5. Seems awful funny this has started all of the sudden. You can't just look at a title and say merge it or delete it without any explication of what or why. Sorry for the rant but this is the second time in two days post have disappered

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Next post to the mods

if the post is still alive, you can track it in your "user CP"
    under the "subscribed threads" section.
    when you make a thread or reply to one, as long as your thread subscribution is turned on, it will appear there.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Luzerne County)

Huh?

What more do you want from us?

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Montgomery County)

Frankly.... no.

in general the staff has no time (or even the inclination) to send individual notices to every person who posts in the wrong forum, posts duplicate threads, etc etc.

if we did that, this would be a full time job for which we'd expect to be PAID.

a redirect should usually be left, I usually leave a 6-12hr redirect on moved threads, unless someone just flat out ignored the proper forum.

this hasn't "started all of the sudden" this has been happening all along, us doing our jobs and cleaning up the mess, moving posts to the correct places... YOU are just noticing it now simply because its happened to your post(s)

it might help you if you try and remember where you placed your post in the first place... then you'd have seen the redirect.

an easy way to find your own posts is to click on your username, and select "find all posts" they will be displayed chronologically from newest to oldest.

further, if you have more complaints "To the Mods" put them in the "Site Support and Suggestions" forum, which is where this belongs.
    Last edited by JayBell; May 25th, 2009 at 02:00 PM.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    if the post is still alive, you can track it in your "user CP"
    under the "subscribed threads" section.
    when you make a thread or reply to one, as long as your thread subscribution is turned on, it will appear there.
    Mine is and it doesn't or I wouldn't have posted I check the CP as soon as I sign on. And if its not there I assume it's been deleted and so I don't go to every thread looking for it.
    Last edited by larrymeyer; May 25th, 2009 at 02:55 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Here's a helpful hint for finding your own posts...

Quick Links>Your Profile>Statistics>Find All Threads Started By "your name here"

This will give you a list of your latest threads. Conversely, you can do this for your latest posts also.

(PS...you can also click your username at the top right of every page to get to your profile page)
    Last edited by RocketFoot; May 25th, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Here's a helpful hint for finding your own posts...

Quick Links>Your Profile>Statistics>Find All Threads Started By "your name here"

This will give you a list of your latest threads. Conversely, you can do this for your latest posts also.

(PS...you can also click your username at the top right of every page to get to your profile page)
    Sorry I must still be doing something wrong but the post the thread was moved to shows up not your post but forget it and you can delete this thread if you wish I'll just have to look in each forum for what I posted