Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default "Upper Class" income cutoff....

When the Obama guy began campaigning, it was individuals who made over 250K per year.
    He later changed it to families making over 250L per year.
    Then it changed to 200K.
    Then 150K.

A co-worker of mine (very pro-gun and anti-Obama) said today it was his understanding that Obama recently said the "tax cut" he is planning is now at 125k per family.

Anyone else hear this?

It pisses me off to no end... I work, went to college, paid for it myself. My wife works two jobs, went to law school and has student loans enough to pay another mortgage... and this fucktard is going to say we may be "upper class?"

F THAT! I worked hard to get my degree. I paid my loans for years. I work hard now. I deserve what I earned. If the lazy fucks on assistance (and not everyone on assistance is lazy, mind you... it does serve a critical need at time) want more, study hard, go to school, get a job.

Sorry. Angry rant done.
    Last edited by mikepro8; November 5th, 2008 at 02:06 PM.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: "Upper Class" income cutoff....

Are you at all surprised? Wait until the "Bush tax cuts" that Obama wants to let expire on the "wealthy." What do you think will happen when those tax cuts expire on everyone since the cuts are in one bill.

(Allegheny County)

No, there is a video of him saying down to $50K-$60K.

(Berks County)

I actually heard Bill Richardson say 120K per family last week while he was on the stump for Barry. I guess that we will see just how hard we are hit, I personally think that the final number will end up being somewhere around 50K per family.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

The goal will be to "normalize" incomes. Everyone should be in a certain government dictated range. Say something like $30K-120K. Well everyone except the politicians and media moguls. If I had know this day was coming I would never have gone to college and taken on those loans.

(Northumberland County)

No, I can't say I'm surprised.

But, I'm with you, Ady... why did I bust my ass and spend 10's of thousands of dollars on an education just for this schmuck to tell me I make too much money?

50 or 60K??? GOOD LORD! That is not "rich," although I guess it is in the eye of the beholder.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro8 View Post
    No, I can't say I'm surprised.

But, I'm with you, Ady... why did I bust my ass and spend 10's of thousands of dollars on an education just for this schmuck to tell me I make too much money?

50 or 60K??? GOOD LORD! That is not "rich," although I guess it is in the eye of the beholder.
    I think it was Tony who said he was gonna be a one term president. I think it will be that or he will be impeached because of his lack of a birth certificate before that point. Someone will uncover the truth and it will hit the world wide media before here.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Monroe County)

His limit has been dropping rapidly, especially in the last few weeks of the campaign.

I think it will go as low as what can possibly be passed and still ensure congress will retain the majority vote when the next election comes around in 2 years. I'd guess around 65K / household will be the final answer.

Much less then 65K and you begin hitting the families where both parents make 10 - 15.00 an hour, thats a LOT of his voting base.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    I think it was Tony who said he was gonna be a one term president. I think it will be that or he will be impeached because of his lack of a birth certificate before that point. Someone will uncover the truth and it will hit the world wide media before here.
    Ooooooor.... the economy is bottoming out and will be on the upswing at some point during the next 4 years. The Iraqi conflict is finally going in a positive direction (despite what he did to put us in the crapper).

Who's going to take credit for that stuff? Obama, of course. 8 years?

(Allegheny County)

125k for a couple is nothing when both have school loans close to that amount. I know many people that have 60K+ in school loans, their payments a month are $600-$850 a month EACH, doing the same job I'm doing, making the same money. I'm a little more secure now in turning 26 w/o a degree yet, and that the GI Bill will help me get ahead since I won't have any debt, work pays for school as well almost as much as the GI BIll, atleast for now, we'll see how the economy goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast