Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Need pictures of your favorite Range

After reading another thread about range behavior, StingyGunner posted a picture of a range near my hometown that I didn't know about near Waterville, PA (I'm actually going to be up in Lock Haven this weekend and going to swing by and take some more pictures of it).. We are beginning construction on our little range the first week of March and would like to see more range pictures of places you guys like to shoot at. It's one thing to look at drawings of the range design and something else to see pictures of well designed range, so if anyone has pictures of a range they really like (or don't like), post some pictures here and explain what you do or don't like about it.

Thanks guys.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Need pictures of your favorite Range

That looks like the pics of Little Pine State Park that were posted in the fall. I'm gonna have to take a little road trip out there come spring, they did a pretty nice job on that. It's a lot nicer than any of the ranges I've been to so far.

If I was building a private range, Id extend the concrete forward of the roof so the benches could be moved foreward on nice days to reduce the concussion that the roof can trap.

(Montgomery County)

I’d check first to see if posting pictures is allowed. You’ll be surprised by what’s in the bylaws.

(Centre County)

Duplicate, sorry.
    Last edited by StingyGunner; December 26th, 2014 at 06:46 PM.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCGS View Post
    After reading another thread about range behavior, StingyGunner posted a picture of a range near my hometown that I didn't know about near Waterville, PA (I'm actually going to be up in Lock Haven this weekend and going to swing by and take some more pictures of it).. We are beginning construction on our little range the first week of March and would like to see more range pictures of places you guys like to shoot at. It's one thing to look at drawings of the range design and something else to see pictures of well designed range, so if anyone has pictures of a range they really like (or don't like), post some pictures here and explain what you do or don't like about it.

Thanks guys.
    Wow, what are the chances? I just googled something like "outdoor shooting range." Good thread idea though, even for curiosity's sake.

I’d check first to see if posting pictures is allowed. You’ll be surprised by what’s in the bylaws.
    Whose bylaws?
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Lycoming County)

Yep,
    That's the little Pine range thst they just reopened this year.

http://forum.pafoa.org/lycoming-84/1...rk-page-3.html

Here's the link to the thread with pictures that me and Mikemac took back in the fall when they reopened. It is a pretty decent design. Only downside is it is only 100yds on the rifle side.

(Washington County)

Take a cruise around PMSC.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Luzerne County)

Well, first up is my buddy's property that I have access to. I can get about 50 yards from the targets to the tree line in the rear. I usually go shooting here every weekend.

This is my son getting in some trigger time.

The only other range I frequent is the PGC up in Suscon when I want to shoot out to 100 yards. They are supposed to stretch it to 200 yards!

I wish I had more access to this range. Wilkes-Barre PD range in their basement.

(Monroe County)

Wow so many to choose from...
    By far I miss VA Beach Rifle and Pistol Club range. 1974-2005.
    Semi auto ok, bowling pin matches, cowboy action. 50yd covered, 1 100yd bench. I'll never for get the sound and feel of walking in pea gravel mixed with brass.

As mil ranges go it was not the best but I shot there for over 10 years with USNST. NSWDG (DEVGRU) RANGE at NAS Oceana Damneck annex. (yes I could not take pics in other directions)

The C2 shooting center in VA Beach. It public but well run. 25 to 300yrds.

Sadly I just can't find a good range near me. I do like visiting New Holland, Topton and Langhorne.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; December 27th, 2014 at 11:35 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast