Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Elk County)

Default Liberal anti-2A client says to me, "Help me buy a gun."

Yes, that's what it said in the title. A life-long extreme left "nanny state supporting" voted for Obama 2X, liberal (formerly) anti-2A client of mine asked me a few weeks ago to help him buy a gun or two for his protection and that of his family.

He's a former HS friend who has done fairly well as a businessman, and he's known about my service in the Marines and my experience with firearms. During a call to his plant he invites me into his office, shuts the door, and tells me he and his wife (wife in particular) are very anxious about the state of affairs in the world and here at home. They are scared about have-nots rioting (e.g., Ferguson, MO), ISIL/ISIS attacks and kidnappings here, breakdown of society due to severe weather, loss of electricity, bare store shelves, etc.

He told me they turned into preppers; they have a couple years of Wise bucket food, drums of water, pallets of wood pellets and fuel corn, a 12 KW natural gas fueled automatic generator, bars on the windows, alarm system, you name it.

But no guns.

So I spent a couple-few afternoons at the outdoor ranges near hear and a few evenings at the indoor ranges teaching him and his wife to shoot ARs, AKs, pump and semiauto shotguns, revolvers, and semi-auto pistols. I gave him a list of ammo to buy, and boy, did he. I accompanied them to a couple LGS to look at what they had, comparing to what firearms of mine they test-fired. I went with them to the Sheriff to get their LTCFs. We talked one evening about the importance of mindset, and what goes into making a decision to pull the gun, and then decide to pull the trigger, and how their lives will not be the same in that event. We talked about making sure of the target, and endless safe gun handling practice.

Long story short, they bought two S&W Bodyguard revolvers with the lasers for carry guns, two CZ75B handguns (fit his wife's hand well, and she shot mine like an Olympic marksman) for "house guns," two S&W M&P 15 Sport rifles with irons and flashlights, and two Rock Island nickel-plated pumps (copies of the excellent High Standard pump, similar in guts to a Mossberg). Not all at the same dealer. Extra mags were ordered online if the LGS didn't stock them, as with the CZ75B.

And a TON of ammo. A. TON.

We took the guns out several times to make sure they could handle them, did practice drills, etc. We had some of the weapons out for the final training session a week ago yesterday, and when I got home I was so tired I sat out a PAFOA staff conference call.

But it was a good kind of tired. Actually, a GREAT kind of tired.

Not sure they are ready to vote any differently, but they have much greater peace of mind.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Liberal anti-2A client says to me, "Help me buy a gun."

Maybe they'll see the light. Either way, you did them a great service.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Yes, that's what it said in the title. A life-long extreme left "nanny state supporting" voted for Obama 2X, liberal (formerly) anti-2A client of mine asked me a few weeks ago to help him buy a gun or two for his protection and that of his family.

He's a former HS friend who has done fairly well as a businessman, and he's known about my service in the Marines and my experience with firearms. During a call to his plant he invites me into his office, shuts the door, and tells me he and his wife (wife in particular) are very anxious about the state of affairs in the world and here at home. They are scared about have-nots rioting (e.g., Ferguson, MO), ISIL/ISIS attacks and kidnappings here, breakdown of society due to severe weather, loss of electricity, bare store shelves, etc.

He told me they turned into preppers; they have a couple years of Wise bucket food, drums of water, pallets of wood pellets and fuel corn, a 12 KW natural gas fueled automatic generator, bars on the windows, alarm system, you name it.

But no guns.

So I spent a couple-few afternoons at the outdoor ranges near hear and a few evenings at the indoor ranges teaching him and his wife to shoot ARs, AKs, pump and semiauto shotguns, revolvers, and semi-auto pistols. I gave him a list of ammo to buy, and boy, did he. I accompanied them to a couple LGS to look at what they had, comparing to what firearms of mine they test-fired. I went with them to the Sheriff to get their LTCFs. We talked one evening about the importance of mindset, and what goes into making a decision to pull the gun, and then decide to pull the trigger, and how their lives will not be the same in that event. We talked about making sure of the target, and endless safe gun handling practice.

Long story short, they bought two S&W Bodyguard revolvers with the lasers for carry guns, two CZ75B handguns (fit his wife's hand well, and she shot mine like an Olympic marksman) for "house guns," two S&W M&P 15 Sport rifles with irons and flashlights, and two Rock Island nickel-plated pumps (copies of the excellent High Standard pump, similar in guts to a Mossberg). Not all at the same dealer. Extra mags were ordered online if the LGS didn't stock them, as with the CZ75B.

And a TON of ammo. A. TON.

We took the guns out several times to make sure they could handle them, did practice drills, etc. We had some of the weapons out for the final training session a week ago yesterday, and when I got home I was so tired I sat out a PAFOA staff conference call.

But it was a good kind of tired. Actually, a GREAT kind of tired.

Not sure they are ready to vote any differently, but they have much greater peace of mind.

Noah
    Good job on your part and good for your friend. Now all he needs to do is draft a public apology for voting communist twice.... ill be waiting
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Allegheny County)

Sounds like you helped them out quite a bit. That's got to be some kind of satisfaction. Kudos to your friends for being able to change their thinking. That's not easy.
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

You're a better man than me.

(Washington County)

I taught 7 adults how to shoot this year. 6 were women and none had previous instruction other than being handed something and told to pull the trigger in some direction.

Feels good to share the gun love.

I work with one woman who is very anti-gun, ban them all, liberal but we get along and I keep inviting her to shoot because her only exposure was a crap experience with her dad's hunting rifle. One day I will convert her...
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Would have been real hard for me to help them. In fact I'm pretty sure I would have told him to thank his politics and liberal bs for the mess we are all in and stick it up his ass. You know damn well he's still going to vote liberal. He wants cake and to eat it too.

Good for you for being bigger than I.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Beaver County)

Hopefully they will be enlightened,but it's hard for a leopard to change his spots.

Either way you did them a great service with your help.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(York County)

Noah & others, keep up the good work! I feel the same way: everyone on this forum should help convert as many as we can by removing the mystery and paranoia of firearms. I've got a nice little low key range on the farm that's even been used to convert a few of the brainwashed family members from NJ! The only way we will ever win the 2A fight is by converting those around us with rational arguments and hands on training. If every one of us would take just one person shooting each year who is on the fence, we would double our numbers annually...
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Cumberland County)

all I can say is thank you. maybe they will change maybe not. I think there is a better chance now due to your extensive efforts. putting our best foot forward in this type of opportunity is in my mind the best thing we could ever do to promote our way of thinking. you went far and above, I hope they know and appreciate this. rep to ya.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast