Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Range Report: Glock 30 (not SF)

I have had this gun for over a year and wanted to extoll it's great virtues on others here at PAFOA.
    This Glock is about the most perfect blend of size/firepower that can be had in a Glock. (My opinion only) Easy to conceal and multiple holsters are made for it both IWB and OWB.
    Taking it to the range, I put about 250 rounds of .45acp thru it of all different makes. WWB, Remington JHP and some Speer Gold Dot. All were very accurate and all felt about the same recoil. The polymer frame on the Glocks always contribute to a bit more felt recoil, to me and the G30 is no exception. After about 50rnds my hand felt a bit smacked, but that went away and I contribute it to not holding the tight enough but it never had an effect on accuracy. The grip angle feels very good to me and it points very well in my hand. The magazine that came with the gun holds 10rounds.

In the year I have owned it, I have put about 1000 rounds thru it and it has never had a FTF or FTE. Careful inspection after each time I shoot it shows that it is awfully durable as well. I like the fact that Glocks are so easy to field strip and clean.

For those of you who may be interested in a G30, I can't reccomend this compact gun enough. I own a few Glocks.....not for their good looks (cuz they look like a UPS truck to me) but I own them because they function time, after time, after time. Nice and lightwieght.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Range Report: Glock 30 (not SF)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    I have had this gun for over a year and wanted to extoll it's great virtues on others here at PAFOA.
    This Glock is about the most perfect blend of size/firepower that can be had in a Glock. (My opinion only) Easy to conceal and multiple holsters are made for it both IWB and OWB.
    Taking it to the range, I put about 250 rounds of .45acp thru it of all different makes. WWB, Remington JHP and some Speer Gold Dot. All were very accurate and all felt about the same recoil. The polymer frame on the Glocks always contribute to a bit more felt recoil, to me and the G30 is no exception. After about 50rnds my hand felt a bit smacked, but that went away and I contribute it to not holding the tight enough but it never had an effect on accuracy. The grip angle feels very good to me and it points very well in my hand. The magazine that came with the gun holds 10rounds.

In the year I have owned it, I have put about 1000 rounds thru it and it has never had a FTF or FTE. Careful inspection after each time I shoot it shows that it is awfully durable as well. I like the fact that Glocks are so easy to field strip and clean.

For those of you who may be interested in a G30, I can't reccomend this compact gun enough. I own a few Glocks.....not for their good looks (cuz they look like a UPS truck to me) but I own them because they function time, after time, after time. Nice and lightwieght.
    Sold, I'll take one. Oh wait, I already have one.

If you want to like it even more, put an internal laser sight in it. 10 shots, 1 hole.

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I just bought a Glock 30SF yesterday. Didn't make it to the range today, I'll be headed out there in the morning. It is my 5th Glock (still have all of them), and I'm sure that I'll like it as much as my 19,20,27,31.

(Armstrong County)

Don't have to sell me on them, have 3 ..............
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Allegheny County)

I have a G17, G22C, G24C, G21, G35, and G36. I think the .45ACP Glocks are the most accurate of all the calibers.

"I am a Glockaholic, stop me before I Glock again."
    "He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad."
    Rafael Sabatini's "Scaramouche"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Booner View Post
    I just bought a Glock 30SF yesterday. Didn't make it to the range today, I'll be headed out there in the morning. It is my 5th Glock (still have all of them), and I'm sure that I'll like it as much as my 19,20,27,31.
    Does the SF take the same mags? I know with the 21 SF there is some sort of issue with that. I have a "regular" 30, but have thought about the 21 or 30 SF because I have small hands, and my 30 has always been a little "chunky" to carry IWB, compared with my other pistols (G19, Sig).