Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Banner ad suggestion

I don't know if it is the banner code or if it is our code, but how about making it so that the banner automaticly opens in a new window or a new tab?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Banner ad suggestion

that would be PRETTY DAMN ANNOYING IMO.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Philadelphia County)

Not sure what you mean. We'll never run popups and I don't like to force clicks to open in a new window because it takes the choice away from the user.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Westmoreland County)

I think he means having the link open in a new window (or a new browser tab) so you don't loose your place on the PAFOA. Just click the banner, a new window opens with the banner site , you look at it and then close it and your back to the same place you left with out ever leaving the forums...
    Last edited by RocketFoot; October 13th, 2008 at 04:41 PM.

(Erie County)

target="new" ..

(Allegheny County)

how about also making banner ads relevent to the forum sections? for example, all i see now is brownells and forum subscription ads, why not put a banner for a holster site in the CC/OC section and relevent gun shops in pistol/shotgun/rifle categories? heck, how about putting a furniture store ad in the lounge?

is brownells even giving the site money or a discount for you to advertise them?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    how about also making banner ads relevent to the forum sections? for example, all i see now is brownells and forum subscription ads, why not put a banner for a holster site in the CC/OC section and relevent gun shops in pistol/shotgun/rifle categories? heck, how about putting a furniture store ad in the lounge?
    We don't have the technology to do this at the moment. I'm going to work on something. I'm mainly just testing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    is brownells even giving the site money or a discount for you to advertise them?
    We get a % of all sales generated by the link.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    I think he means having the link open in a new window (or a new browser tab) so you don't loose your place on the PAFOA. Just click the banner, a new window opens with the banner site , you look at it and then close it and your back to the same place you left with out ever leaving the forums...
    But what Dan is saying is that by adding the code to FORCE it to open in a new window/tab, that removes the CHOICE to open it in a new window/tab that the user has otherwise.

I like it the way it is... if I WANT to open a new tab, then I can. Otherwise it opens in the current one.

(And on most mice with a scroll wheel, try clicking on the link with the wheel It'll open a new tab/window... at least in Firefox.)

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by lildobe View Post
    But what Dan is saying is that by adding the code to FORCE it to open in a new window/tab, that removes the CHOICE to open it in a new window/tab that the user has otherwise.

I like it the way it is... if I WANT to open a new tab, then I can. Otherwise it opens in the current one.

(And on most mice with a scroll wheel, try clicking on the link with the wheel It'll open a new tab/window... at least in Firefox.)
    Dobe is also correct...you can manually open the link in a new tab with the scroll wheel or by holding CTRL and clicking the link.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    That was what I was trying to say. Also if you "force" the click on the banner ad to open in a new window can't you still right click the link and open it in the current window? I was just in the middle of typing up a long post took a break and clicked the link to browse a bit and got a little pissed that it opened in this window. I hit back and got nothing in the post box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast