Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Another reason to carry a firearm. PSP Running out of manpower?

http://www.wgal.com/video/18971461/index.html

Communities are shutting down their police forces to save money due to the economy. State police can't handle the demand. One of the troopers actually states, that if their is a higher priority crime in commission, the other party would have to wait. I understand that. If their isn't anyone available what do you expect? Just another reason to carry a firearm. Pass that around to all those people that tell you the police will protect you.

Default Re: Another reason to carry a firearm. PSP Running out of manpower?

Good post.

(Adams County)

Yeah...$100 per person in a tax for those communities that shut down their local departments. Double taxation at it's best.

Guess what party the guy suggesting it is

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Philadelphia County)

I have this CRAZY Idea...

how about we make cops do ACTUAL police work??

And not have THREE cop cars on the side of I-95 waiting for some poor schmuck to go 3 miles above the speed limit...

and not have the police bust victimless crimes, rescuing kitties out of trees and all the non-police work that cops get away with doing.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

And 3 armed and body armor wearing male conservation officers to serve a warning ticket to a lone female trapper, on the lies of 1 of the 3 officers, on something he claimed happened a week earlier. Wow talk about making a good use of time! I think they stayed by that creek bank afterwards to each lunch, maybe share that box of donuts, and heck maybe they did some trout fishing as well.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

And not have THREE cop cars on the side of I-95 waiting for some poor schmuck to go 3 miles above the speed limit...

and not have the police bust victimless crimes, rescuing kitties out of trees and all the non-police work that cops get away with doing.

DUI is a victimless crime, unless they get into an accident, so LEO's shouldn't go after them??

While I haven't personally saved any kitties from a tree, I have saved dogs and other small animals. I'm sure if it was your dog (or cat) I'd saved you would appreciate it. Heck, I posted pictures of a turtle I stopped to pick up off the road that was sure to be flattened soon. I wasn't going to a call............just routine patrol. I took 10 minutes out of my shift to drive the turtle to an out of the way area. Didn't have to, but it made me feel good.

Its funny............on one hand there are people who want the police to be like those in Mayberry RFD.............

And then you have those that want them to be "just the facts ma'am"........or, "sorry........that is not on my list of official duties so go away".

Which is it?

(Lancaster County)

[QUOTE=LorDiego01;660376]I have this CRAZY Idea...

QUOTE]
    But, But that won't generate revenue now will it? I HATE the fact that townships and boroughs are stepping up traffic enforcement to increase revenue and make up for budget shortfalls!

(Chester County)

I have but one reason to carry.

To protect myself and my family.

I don't need any more.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Lebanon County)

The only thing that annoys me is any cop who sits at a spot sign looking for illegal stops.

On a dark road with no light so you'll see a car like a mile away I pass a stop sign that's terribly deceptive, because you only come against it coming from the other way. I noticed this after a cop busted me, and I had no idea that I even stopped a sign. It took a long time for me to realize that there was a stop sign for only one direction on that road.

I thanked the officer for the ticket, making me aware of my mistake, and unbeknown to me the 3 points I received on my license, but I bet he would have been more useful somewhere else beside that stop sign in a 25 mph zone on a less traveled road 11:00 at night.

My friend was driving me to lunch, and he was also stopped for being accused of failing to completely stop. Now he had to wait for some cars to go by, but even if he didn't stop he either went a tiny bit past the stop sign or rolled at like .000000001 MPH.

He took it to the court house, and they decided to let him get off of the hook.

The police are defiantly out to get you in lonely traffic, but when there's a lot of people like speeders going ridiculously over the limit I do like seeing police, because i know that those assholes who need to drive faster for no good reason will take any attention away from me.

Other hand while I was making a passing maneuver at about 75 mps some assholes in a GMC truck came into my sight, and was on my tail just as fast as I spotted him in the distance as I was maneuvering to pass. Well about 3 minutes later who do I see pulled over by a trooper?

That was glory for me from the police; however, Police, annoying people with pretty much unimpressive tickets does need to stop.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

Silly taxpayer. There is no money in fighting REAL crime. Get with the program dude.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast