Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: henry lever .22

Default henry lever .22

finally got around to shooting her (walmart special a couple black fridays ago) and i was a bit worried as there was a period where they had some pretty bad press. a good friend had one and it had so many feeding issues he swore henry shipped it over to century arms for the finishing touches.

not mine. absolute tac driver through the iron sights. ate up every short, long and lr i could throw at her including bulk golden bullets before they were "new and improved."

if you have been in the market for a lever .22 and were hesitant on buying this dont be. we shot quite a few guns this weekend and the henry was by far my favorite.

[super bored on a slow monday at work, might as well start some threads]
    Last edited by gummy jones; April 13th, 2015 at 10:18 AM.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Default Re: henry level .22

They are cool guns with a very acceptable price tag. I was with a friend when he bought one last year. The gun store owner's only caution was that he look over the rifle thoroughly before accepting because they have received ones with screwed up finish on a few occassions.

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    They are cool guns with a very acceptable price tag. I was with a friend when he bought one last year. The gun store owner's only caution was that he look over the rifle thoroughly before accepting because they have received ones with screwed up finish on a few occassions.
    the finish on mine is incredible, especially for a cheapish gun. in fact, it is the first thing i noticed when handling it. it makes savages and rugers in the same price range look extremely cheap.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    the finish on mine is incredible, especially for a cheapish gun. in fact, it is the first thing i noticed when handling it. it makes savages and rugers in the same price range look extremely cheap.
    All the ones I have looked have been good. I should have added the shop owner was very complimentary of Henry with their support in the few he returned over the years. I have no idea how many he has returned but I got the impression it has been very few.

I'm glad you like yours.
    I have a Golden Boy that I can't hit shit with, even scoped.

What ammo were you shooting?
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I'm glad you like yours.
    I have a Golden Boy that I can't hit shit with, even scoped.

What ammo were you shooting?
    some cci shorts and longs and the rest were remington golden bullets (bulk)

i wasnt shooting past ~40 yards or off of a bench

just standing freehand.

when i took it out of the box i loaded the mag tube with some bulk ammo and standing, shooting about as fast as i could, emptied the whole mag into a 1.5" area at ~25 yards. i dont consider myself a particularly amazing show by any means but i was pleased with that.

ill try to do something a little more scientific this weekend and let you know.

i have a 10/22 that i cant hit anything with even using match ammo. guess sometimes you just get a lemon.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    some cci shorts and longs and the rest were remington golden bullets (bulk)

i wasnt shooting past ~40 yards or off of a bench

just standing freehand.

when i took it out of the box i loaded the mag tube with some bulk ammo and standing, shooting about as fast as i could, emptied the whole mag into a 1.5" area at ~25 yards. i dont consider myself a particularly amazing show by any means but i was pleased with that.

ill try to do something a little more scientific this weekend and let you know.

i have a 10/22 that i cant hit anything with even using match ammo. guess sometimes you just get a lemon.
    I'm having trouble holding that area the same distance with a scope & rest.
    I've only used thunderbolts, but they always worked fine in other .22's.
    I have an assortment of .22(no CCI) one of these days I will get around to trying some different ammo.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Washington County)

I have an assortment of .22(no CCI) one of these days I will get around to trying some different ammo.
    I bought my granddaughter a Golden Boy and we just love it. We both can hit our 4" gong at 100 yards off hand open sights. We use both the cheap Remington and CCI Mini Mags with no problems. It does not shoot the Federal dump pack very well though. I have an old Marlin bolt that shoots the Federals extremely well. My 10/22 likes the Thunderbolts and Winchesters best. After saying all this I guess it comes down to finding what a gun likes and feeding it that load. That is why when ever I find .22s at a reasonable price I pick them up.

yea its the darnedest thing. its almost comical how inaccurate i am with my 10/22 and top quality loads while my brother in law, with the same rifle and worse scope, can cover a couple shots with a quarter at the same distance.

i am happy enough with this henry that the 10/22 is going on the barter block.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: henry lever .22

HEY GUMMY!

Don't sell or trade your 10/22! Send it out to Connecticut Precision Chambering, and let them do their thing! It might be a bit more money to put into the gun. But I've never heard anyone complain about their work.

They did my 10/22 years ago and it will shoot moa anytime. CCI Mini-Mags 40 gr. seem to be the most accurate.

Here's their website pay it a visit: http://www.ct-precision.com/

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast