Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Carlisle Expo Center - 10/10-10/11

Heard on the radio, that it's time for another Gun show, at the Carlisle Expo Center, this weekend, October 10th and 11th.

http://www.carlisleexpocenter.com/exp8/schedule.asp

If you need directions to it, try here :

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...5&source=embed

(Berks County)

Default Re: Carlisle Expo Center - 10/10-10/11

Any value in heading out to this? What can I expect?

(York County)

i went last year when the entry fee was only $6. I got a pistol there for a good price but there wasn't a whole lot of stuff there. 1/4 of the floor was empty and there was alot of novelty type stuff there.. I was going to go to see if i could pick up some cheap pistol mags and ammo but it may not work out for this weekend.

(Cumberland County)

The Carlisle gun show is very small, but occassional deals can be found. I go every time because it is nice just to talk to the normal guys (Big John, Dave Zellers, et al) without 20 people pushing around you. I'll be there with my dad first thing in the morning tomorrow. If you see a guy with a big white beard, I'm the younger guy walking with him.

(Cumberland County)

Ok....here's the post show update....

Well, for starters...it was only $6 to get in and the website for Appalation Productions had a $1 off coupon. There were more venders this time, but a couple favorites were not. There was some really good deals on targets (large display) and Big John was making some very good deals. Overall, the AR15s were still overpriced, but others have come down. The very popular GSG .22 rifle was selling around $420 which is a lot, but down $80 from the last show. I saw mostly concealed carry guns going out the door. I left with only targets and a hat light, but decided I'm buying a little Kel-tec P11 at the York show. I believe it is the best pocket pistol out right now. I also held the Taurus PT1911. I must buy that....for under $650 it is an amazing 1911.
    Overall, I was pleased with the show...small, but nice and not too crowded. Plus, good egg/bacon sandwiches at the concession. Unfortunately, there were not many AR15 parts dealers....which is what I was really shopping for.

(York County)

I bought my firestorm DLX 1911 from big john last year. Very nice guy to deal with and helpful and understanding with the paperwork because it was my first time buying a gun.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yukondon View Post
    Ok....here's the post show update....

Well, for starters...it was only $6 to get in and the website for Appalation Productions had a $1 off coupon.

PT1911. I must buy that....for under $650 it is an amazing 1911.

Overall, I was pleased with the show...small, but nice and not too crowded. Plus, good egg/bacon sandwiches at the concession. Unfortunately, there were not many AR15 parts dealers....which is what I was really shopping for.
    Thanks, good report and I'm glad you could post. BTW, do you have any recollection of primer, powder, and bullet availability and price?

How about you, autotech6506?

Although bacon and egg sandwiches are a nice side benefit, did anybody find any good "Radioactive Chili Dogs" there? It ain't a good gun show unless I can find one or two of those either at the show or somewhere nearby. "Jimmy the Hot Dog King" at 7th & Division Sts. is one of the main reasons I like the Harrisburg show. It sure ain't for the "Parking $8 + Admission $8 + gun-tables-in-a-cow-stall" that I go to the Farm Show Bldg gun show.

I'm still open to locate a good chili-dog after the York Fairgrounds show. Somehow, a trip to WEndy's after drooling all over machineguns for three hours is kind of a let-down.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Thanks, good report and I'm glad you could post. BTW, do you have any recollection of primer, powder, and bullet availability and price?

How about you, autotech6506?

Although bacon and egg sandwiches are a nice side benefit, did anybody find any good "Radioactive Chili Dogs" there? It ain't a good gun show unless I can find one or two of those either at the show or somewhere nearby. "Jimmy the Hot Dog King" at 7th & Division Sts. is one of the main reasons I like the Harrisburg show. It sure ain't for the "Parking $8 + Admission $8 + gun-tables-in-a-cow-stall" that I go to the Farm Show Bldg gun show.

I'm still open to locate a good chili-dog after the York Fairgrounds show. Somehow, a trip to WEndy's after drooling all over machineguns for three hours is kind of a let-down.

Flash
    You could always try weiner world on the other side of I83. 30E to Mt. Zion road. Bare right at light and right at the sheetz. WW is on the left.
    Freedom isn't free.

(Cumberland County)

Flash.... Sorry, no dogs....or primer or other reloading stuffin'..... The York Show on the 31st will be the best. It is by far the best show in south central PA...by a mile. Free parking and about $7 to get in.
    Check out the promoters website:
    http://newsite.appalachianpromotions.com/

You can get $1 off coupon and directions. And, they have a pretty good concession stand...even if it is a little expensive. Also, they are always having a raffle for a harley with some babe selling tickets. ;-)

(Cumberland County)

BTW...if you do go to York, the primer/reloading vendor is located in the back left corner.....within 10 minutes there will be a line at that vendor. Go through the doors, hang a left, go down to the last aisle. That is usually where they are located.