Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Default PMSC question -- monthly meeting?

A friend just got a shotgun as an Xmas gift, and we're both thinking of joining a range. Based on all feedback, PMSC seems like the obvious choice to both of us, but the problem is we often work a lot of hours, and getting out to the "required" monthly meeting is likely to be problematic for us.

I've heard some conflicting reports over whether or not the requirement on the website that all new members attend every single monthly meeting was still true or not. Neither of us want to join if this is a requirement, just because it's almost certain we'd fail to fulfill that requirement.

So what's the story with that?

Thanks in advance.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PMSC question -- monthly meeting?

i joined PMSC back in july and have attended every meeting so far. others that have joined during the same time as me have missed a few meetings and i have seen guys join in september who weren't at the november/december meeting. i don't know how strictly it is enforced, but i highly recommend joining the club.

BTW, come on out for the PAFOA Group shoot this sunday from 9-1, get there early for Bacon and Eggs. more details are in the group shoot/range trip section on this forum.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    i joined PMSC back in july and have attended every meeting so far. others that have joined during the same time as me have missed a few meetings and i have seen guys join in september who weren't at the november/december meeting. i don't know how strictly it is enforced, but i highly recommend joining the club.

BTW, come on out for the PAFOA Group shoot this sunday from 9-1, get there early for Bacon and Eggs. more details are in the group shoot/range trip section on this forum.
    everything he said

this Wed is our Jan meeting. Show up and get your membership then if you like.

no-one is taking roll and no-one is getting kicked out for missing a meeting. we would like you to attend as much as you can, but the reality of life is that most people cant make every single one.

(Beaver County)

It's not a requirement. If you can't make this months meeting you can print a copy of the application and mail it to Kenny.