Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default CZ75 COMPACT...SMILING AGAIN

I bought a CZ75 compact a few weeks ago, cleaned it up and went to the range. It feels great in the hand and I just knew it would be balls on accurate. Boy was I disappointed! Using a standard two hand grip, I aimed at the center of a 7" circle at 30' and shot nice groupings but they were way low and left. I adjusted by placing the front dot to form a pyramid in relation to the rear dots. That put the rounds at point of aim but it really didn't sit well with me.
    I called CZ-USA and spoke to one of their smiths who told me it was normal. He said it was a common complaint with new users of the CZ. He couldn't tell me why..he just said he'd heard it many times before (He was diplomatic enough not to call me a lousy shot). He suggested I shoot the gun and become more comfortable with it and if the problem persisted, he'd be happy to put on some adjustable rear sights for me.
    Call me a skeptic but I took it to the range today expecting a repeat of the first trial. I put 200 rounds through it and it was spot on using standard 3 dot aiming!! I have no idea why it didn't perform this way the first time out but my faith in my pistol is restored and I'm a happy guy. Anyone else have an experience like this?

Default Re: CZ75 COMPACT...SMILING AGAIN

I've seen a lot of people talking about the "low and to the left" problem over on the MP-Pistol forums. The general consensus seems to be that it is a common occurrence with people shooting new pistols, because they anticipate the recoil and "push" the pistol (which drops the muzzle down and to the left usually).

Here's a link to the thread on the MP-Pistol forums: http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=888

Quote Originally Posted by glassman View Post
    I bought a CZ75 compact a few weeks ago, cleaned it up and went to the range. It feels great in the hand and I just knew it would be balls on accurate. Boy was I disappointed! Using a standard two hand grip, I aimed at the center of a 7" circle at 30' and shot nice groupings but they were way low and left. I adjusted by placing the front dot to form a pyramid in relation to the rear dots. That put the rounds at point of aim but it really didn't sit well with me.
    I called CZ-USA and spoke to one of their smiths who told me it was normal. He said it was a common complaint with new users of the CZ. He couldn't tell me why..he just said he'd heard it many times before (He was diplomatic enough not to call me a lousy shot). He suggested I shoot the gun and become more comfortable with it and if the problem persisted, he'd be happy to put on some adjustable rear sights for me.
    Call me a skeptic but I took it to the range today expecting a repeat of the first trial. I put 200 rounds through it and it was spot on using standard 3 dot aiming!! I have no idea why it didn't perform this way the first time out but my faith in my pistol is restored and I'm a happy guy. Anyone else have an experience like this?
    That is one nice pistol. I have read that they make the stainless version now and it looks real "CZ sexy", he he he.....I have seen many full size CZ75B around but have not seen the compact version. Did you buy it in a store or online?

Thanks,

1FingrCHan

(Delaware County)

Default CHAN

I bought it at a local shop. He had several others on shelf. paid $425. This is a very nice pistol and I know I'm going to enjoy shooting it. I would recommend one if you're thinking about buying one.

Just be careful with not dry firing too much. Last year I bought a P-01 and used A zoom snap caps to smooth out the trigger. I had 200 rounds fired and 1,000 dry fire with the snap caps when the trigger return spring broke. To me the trigger return spring is the weak point in the CZ pistols. After several emails and phone calls to CZ's poor CS my issue was resolved. The way CZ's CS handled my situation left a bad taste in my mouth. CZ's are great shooting pistols, but their CS was lacking.

Did your compact come with the rubber grips? IMO, the grip on the P 01 felt the best in my hands. Out of all the pistols I've ever owned or handled, I preferred how the CZ PCR/P 01/Compact fit my hands.

(Lancaster County)

Low and left is my problem too--according to Suarez (in Tactical Pistol Marksmanship) it's a result of anticipating the shot and pushing the gun down and not having enough finger on the trigger (in the case of a right handed person). If only the fingertip is on the trigger, pulling it back will normally cause you to push the gun left. That explanation makes sense for me at least, since I have small hands and my pistol is a Taurus 92 (thick and big). I can't physically get my first finger joint on the trigger until the gun is in single action mode. Something I have to work on though, and soon rectify by buying another gun. :