Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I emailed author of article about the 2nd Amendment being racist

The other day, I read an article titled "Opinion: Who gets to carry guns in America? And who doesn't?"

The gist of the article is that the 2nd Amendment is racist and that minorities rights are often different than for whites.

For comparison, he used Kyle Rittenhouse vs a black man on probation who used a weapon in self defense. Here's a link to the article

https://news.yahoo.com/david-cook-op...045900804.html

I wrote a brief but factual email to the author, and he actually replied. I first discussed the ridiculousness of using a felon on probation as his counter to Rittenhouse, and then told him to check out gun rights advocates such as Maj Toure and Colin Noire who explain, that, in fact, it's gun control that is racist and the gun control laws are often what makes it difficult for minorities to legally pursue gun rights

I wrote

I found your article interesting, but biased and misleading, and I am not sure if intentional or not, but either way, I have some issues with it. Either you are purposely leaving out information to get a specific response, or you didn't research it well enough. I understand it is an opinion piece, but it's a biased opinion

To start, let's look at Tony Oliver. I have no doubt that he had turned his life around and was doing good things. I honestly don't know his case, but I have no reason to believe this is not true. But this is a perfect example of nothing to do with race,and everything to do with following or not following the law. You even state, Felons are not allowed to posses firearms and neither ere people on Parole or Probation. While I actually disagree with these laws, and feel it is a bad situation that someone looses their rights to self defense, he put himself in that situation. He committed a crime that made him a felon, and he knew the law about gun ownership, and chose to break it.

Second, the 2nd Amendment and the Right to Bear Arms wasn't about preventing blacks from owning guns. The first gun control laws were. You mention that you are a gun owner. I don't know where you stand on the 2nd Amendment and gun control, but you should be aware of people like Maj Toure and Colin Noir, who advocate for gun ownership for minorities, and that they are both well respected and supported by white gun owners. In fact, Maj Toure is well known to state that all gun control is racist. This is the truth. The 2nd Amendment isn't racist, gun control is.

We should be focusing on the racist roots of gun control, and it's continued racist effects.
    He actually responded with this

Toure and Noir - I will look them up. Thank you Brian for an honest and helpful response. I am rethinking some things bc of what you wrote.
    A Happy Thanksgiving to you -
    dc
    I did reply and thank him for his reply and also suggested he check out Tony Simon and the Diversity Shoot

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: I emailed author of article about the 2nd Amendment being racist

Nice!

Hopefully you can convert someone off the liberal mouthpiece pedestal.

In other words, the guy doesn't know shit but still wrote about it.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    The other day, I read an article titled "Opinion: Who gets to carry guns in America? And who doesn't?"

The gist of the article is that the 2nd Amendment is racist and that minorities rights are often different than for whites.

For comparison, he used Kyle Rittenhouse vs a black man on probation who used a weapon in self defense. Here's a link to the article

https://news.yahoo.com/david-cook-op...045900804.html

I wrote a brief but factual email to the author, and he actually replied. I first discussed the ridiculousness of using a felon on probation as his counter to Rittenhouse, and then told him to check out gun rights advocates such as Maj Toure and Colin Noire who explain, that, in fact, it's gun control that is racist and the gun control laws are often what makes it difficult for minorities to legally pursue gun rights

I wrote

He actually responded with this

I did reply and thank him for his reply and also suggested he check out Tony Simon and the Diversity Shoot
    Good for you. Keep the discourse open and supportive. I've always thought that honey was nicer than vinegar when seeking to correct something wrong.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    This is the preferred method of journalism in this country today.

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    This is the preferred method of journalism in this country today.
    I was thinking the same, they write what they want, not knowing anything about they are writing.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Seems pretty par for the course these days. Look at what MSM is STILL saying about rittenhouse even after all the facts have come out. They either don't know or are flat out lying. And I have a strong suspician that it's the latter at this point.

(Bucks County)

I don't write this out of reckless emotion, wanting to make a painful situation worse. I, too, own multiple guns. But if my Black brothers and sisters can't carry their guns in the same way I can * or Rittenhouse * then what role does the Second Amendment play in this country?
    And if we... white, black, green, purple....have to purchase permissions to carry, then what role does the Second Amendment play in this country?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Crickets.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

It's not even been about blacks, or race. Gun rights infringements have been about national origin or economic class; rich New Yorkers and NJ mafioso can get licenses to carry guns.

Plenty of NY and New England gun control has been about Italians and the Irish. The 1911 Sullivan act was pretty explicitly aimed at the waves of WOP's coming in (like some of my ancestors), and the spirit of the "NO IRISH NEED APPLY" signs is embodied in the disarmament of the lower classes of Massachusetts.

Lots of laws of all kinds are aimed at keeping the riffraff in their place, including vaccine mandates and unleashing the FBI on PTA moms. The only thing that changes is the demographics of the downtrodden and the powerful. A century ago, a useless git like AOC would have been a whore or a maid or a dressmaker, something useful. Now she's just sand in the machinery, but she and her masters set the agenda.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast