Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Concerning the M-4

Hello everyone! Son here with a new question. So being the post apacolyptic planner that I am, I have decided on an M-4 for an assult rifle. I would love to have one of the new A.C.Rs, either the MASADA or the new Remington A.C.R, but those are way out of my price range and they aren't really in production yet, and as for the Ak-47, well quite frankly I just don't like the thing. I'd use it if I had to, but I just don't care for it, thats all. Anyway, I just want to know what kind of price range I am looking at for a standard M-4 rifle with no bells or whistles attached, just the bare weapon, and how much do magazines for it run for?

Default Re: Concerning the M-4

Quote Originally Posted by Son View Post
    Hello everyone! Son here with a new question. So being the post apacolyptic planner that I am, I have decided on an M-4 for an assult rifle. I would love to have one of the new A.C.Rs, either the MASADA or the new Remington A.C.R, but those are way out of my price range and they aren't really in production yet, and as for the Ak-47, well quite frankly I just don't like the thing. I'd use it if I had to, but I just don't care for it, thats all. Anyway, I just want to know what kind of price range I am looking at for a standard M-4 rifle with no bells or whistles attached, just the bare weapon, and how much do magazines for it run for?
    A real AK is about unstoppable, I have a friend that put one in his shed & for all pupose's forgot about? We were cleaning out the shed & found it. The Bolt was rusted & locked solid. He was like shit guess that ruined, but I took it out & took a hammer & 5 or 6 hard lick's later I broke it lose...Hard as hell lick's.

There was ammo in the mag, he lives way out in no man land so I pointed toward the woods...so I chambered
    one & sent all the ammo down town without One problem. He now keeps it inside & I don not disagree. No I don't really care for the (STAMPED METAL'S APPEARANCE) BUT A REAL Kalashnikova made in 1947) by Mikhail Kalashnikov?

May be the toughest assualt rifle ever made. It's not an excellent long range rifle but as an assualt weapon your normal range would defend one's self would be more than enough. I don't have one but If I ever come across one (REAL Kalashnikov) I would buy it if I had the fund's.

But only the Kalashnikov. I have plenty ammo for one about 30,000 rds.But like you said to I'm not thrilled buy the look of stamped metal. But in a Doom's Day Senerio. It would be anyone's assett to add one.(CONSIDERING AMMO AVAILABLE) IMO..But the real one's are usually not cheap. But tough enough to withstand almost anything.
    Last edited by Ronnies111; December 16th, 2009 at 08:52 AM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Lawrence County)

Last I heard, he wasn't interested in an AK-style gun..............

An AR15, semi-auto rifle modeled after the M4 (which is the military full auto designation) will cost you between $650-$1500 depending on the manufacturer and whether or not you assemble any parts of it yourself.

30 round mags go for about $10-$15 each.

Lycannextquestionthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Centre County)

I have decided on an M-4 for an assult rifle.
    Only going to comment on this portion.

The M4 carbine is a family of firearms tracing its lineage back to earlier carbine versions of the M16, all based on the original AR-15 made by ArmaLite. It is a shorter and lighter version of the M16A2 assault rifle, achieving 80% parts commonality with the M16A2. The M4 has selective fire options including semi-automatic and three-round burst (like the M16A2), while the M4A1 has a "full auto" option in place of the three-round burst.

Unless you are going to pay a whole lot of money and get the proper authorizations/tax stamps, what you mean is you want a semi automatic rifle that is similar in appearance to the military rifle designated as an M4.

Since you're fairly new, we'll forgive you this time , otherwise, everything said previously is good.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Last I heard, he wasn't interested in an AK-style gun..............

An AR15, semi-auto rifle modeled after the M4 (which is the military full auto designation) will cost you between $650-$1500 depending on the manufacturer and whether or not you assemble any parts of it yourself.

30 round mags go for about $10-$15 each.

Lycannextquestionthrope
    Well he said he does not like AK I don't eitherbut I stated how tough it was. I thought maybe since he didn't like it? He may not of known it's perfect for a doomsday.

(Q)Ak-47, well quite frankly I just don't like the thing. I'd use it if I had to, but I just don't care for it (UNQ) He brought it up, I commented. Sure didn't intend on pissing you off? I've done that to (jump the gun) Most of your post have not be so harsh It's early..I'm sorry for speaking my opinion. I'm sure in the Obama adminstration want's to shut people up also? Not an argument, just IMO!

This is a forum to express opinion's.
    (If he had not mentioned it...neither would I) In such of a disaster cleaning a rifle would slow you down, I wouldn't mind haveing a rifle with such tough qualities'as to not need much maintenance & cleaning would be a plus. Hell I actually think I might get one anyway. I only have 2 Remington's Bolt action's chambered for such which is 308 but will work non the less.
    Last edited by Ronnies111; December 16th, 2009 at 10:09 AM.

(Monroe County)

http://www.snipercountrypx.com/showp...productid=4794

that one lists for $839
    its a good entry level M4A1 model rifle.

Buds has an Olympic Arms for $685
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ducts_id/38639
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

If you would use I'll find 2 & GIVE YOU ONE...Olympic Arms for under $700 that's a decent deal but I'm looking for an AK..lol
    Last edited by Ronnies111; December 16th, 2009 at 09:53 AM.