Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default What would you do if you were President?

So if you were President what would you do?
    Lets take it one step further... Lets say you didn't have to worry about Congress & the Senate... assume they'll pass whatever you want.

I'd cut federal funding to any state that in any way restricted their law abiding residents from exercising their 2A right.

I'd reform the welfare system to include drug testing and term limits for the recipients. Would also create better education and childcare opportunities to expedite recipients into the workforce.

I'd impose high tarrifs on anything that used to be made in America but which is now made out of the country then brought in to be sold here. (my wife once lost a job to manufacturing plant relocation to Guatemala so that crap pisses me off) I'd also give some tax relief to foreign companies who want to come here & employ our citizens.

You've heard of three strikes = life in prison right? I say why pay for them to be locked up all that time eating 3 squares & watching cable TV? Deport them...three felony convictions & you are not just deported...but you get dropped off in the middle of the desert somewhere in the middle east & have to play survivor man. (not for three counts relating to one stupid decision, but for three separate incidents... like you get busted, do time get out get busted again etc.)

See what happens when I'm on the road for hours playing "what if" with the wife?

I also had a thought about if I were a developer I'd want to make a development where the houses all had a walk in gun safe & options for building plans on the homes would include basement indoor ranges. & just as some developments have community pools parks &/or golf courses, my development would of course have a sportsman's club open to all residents & their guests.

Oh well, just having some fun & for once was playing the what if game with something other than what if we won the lottery.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(York County)

Default Re: What would you do if you were President?

I would probably be executed or impeached for trying to bring back the Constitution. Lord knows congress would not want that.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    Lets take it one step further... Lets say you didn't have to worry about Congress & the Senate... assume they'll pass whatever you want.
    Hmm... One thing off the top of my head...

I would have the Congress allow me to appoint ten new Supreme Court Justices. I would hand pick ten people that agreed that any legislation that is not specifically designed to protect people's rights, or is not clearly accounted for in the US Constitution, should be struck down. I would appoint them on the condition that they retire at the end of the last term of my presidency, and the congress then returns the number of Justices to nine.

Then I would encourage the citizenry to challenge any legislation that they feel may be unconstitutional, and sit back and watch tens of thousands of useless and harmful pages of legislation become nothing more than something for the historians to study.

I would encourage the Judiciary to allow for grandfather clauses in much of the legislation that would get shut down for the sake of preserving order. For example, Social Security would get abolished, but people paid into it would be grandfathered in. Similarly, certain other regulations would have to be preserved for a limited period of time so that the several States could take responsibility for a number of the regulations that the people would want to see preserved.

I would lecture the people of the nation in regard to the gravity of their responsibility to hold their state governments to task. There would be a massive shift of power from the federal government to the state governments and accepting that power would be a huge challenge and responsibility. I would encourage the people to demand that the power be dispersed through the local governments and ultimately the people. But, as POTUS, I would have to let the people determine how their respective states would manage the change.

(Allegheny County)

Carnes's agenda sounds pretty good.

I'd shut down every regulatory agency. To prevent them restarting after my assassination, I'd have military and police forces conduct midnight raids on the agencies' facilities and destroy all files, computers, etc. I'd start with the FDA, DEA, SEC, NRC and Department of Education. Naturally, I'd repeal all the laws that created the agencies, including the drug laws.

Next I'd shut down the Federal Reserve, again using police and military to completely destroy their records and facilities. Along with that I'd repeal all legal tender laws, restoring the right to contract in any medium people choose, like gold or cigarettes or goats. I'd leave in place laws against fraud, but repeal any laws giving the government a monopoly on coinage, etc., so a free market in currencies can operate. This would almost certainly lead to a gold standard with a few private mints, but I'd let the market sort out the details.

The immediate result would be an extremely painful depression for 1-2 years, followed by unprecedented growth and prosperity. Too bad I wouldn't live to see it; the CIA, NSA, MIC, ONI, and agencies we never heard of will sense that their number is coming up, and I'll die eating poisoned Wheaties while cobras bite my ankles, terrorists fly planes into me, and fifty lone gunmen shoot at me from fifty grassy knolls.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post

I would have the Congress allow me to appoint ten new Supreme Court Justices. I would hand pick ten people that agreed that any legislation that is not specifically designed to protect people's rights, or is not clearly accounted for in the US Constitution, should be struck down. I would appoint them on the condition that they retire at the end of the last term of my presidency, and the congress then returns the number of Justices to nine.

Then I would encourage the citizenry to challenge any legislation that they feel may be unconstitutional, and sit back and watch tens of thousands of useless and harmful pages of legislation become nothing more than something for the historians to study.

I would encourage the Judiciary to allow for grandfather clauses in much of the legislation that would get shut down for the sake of preserving order. For example, Social Security would get abolished, but people paid into it would be grandfathered in. Similarly, certain other regulations would have to be preserved for a limited period of time so that the several States could take responsibility for a number of the regulations that the people would want to see preserved.

I would lecture the people of the nation in regard to the gravity of their responsibility to hold their state governments to task. There would be a massive shift of power from the federal government to the state governments and accepting that power would be a huge challenge and responsibility. I would encourage the people to demand that the power be dispersed through the local governments and ultimately the people. But, as POTUS, I would have to let the people determine how their respective states would manage the change.
    This.

Now I don't have to type it.

(Union County)

Lightbulb Re: What would you do if you were President?

THIS is a GOOD thread. Really good thread. Hats off to 'ya 87th! I like the ideas being put out here, it's giving me hope that this promised "Change" will actually come about and be a positive change..... Now...Who wants to run?

(Allegheny County)

First Executive order, NO ID NO VOTE.

Second Executive order, 20% cut in Federal Budget.
    Only Military, Veterans affairs, SSI, and Medicare would be exempt.

Third executive order Unions would be banned for all "Public" employees.
    I've never had a problem with Unions just public ones that get paid off our tax dollars.

National debt is to be paid down at a minimum rate of $250 billion per year. There is absolutely no new programs to be added until all debt is paid.

If you want a new program you must eliminate and defund other programs first to pay for any new one.

Baseline budgeting would be history.

The fair tax starts Jan 1st 2010.

I would throw the UN out of the United States and start a new League of Free Nations.

With out the productive and free worlds money these peon dictators have no money or power.

That should get the pitchfork and torch industry a boost.
    Last edited by ALS; September 21st, 2009 at 09:06 AM.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    No checks and balances? Are you trusting me not to become a ruthless dictator?

I personally wouldn't trust myself. It would be too tempting not to be corrupted by power.
    Proud friend of the Noble family.

First, disband the IRS

2nd disband all federal agencies not specifically called for in the US Constitution...bye bye all three letter agencies, Social Security Admin, and list would seriously go on and on and give our FREE country back to the People!

3rd Kick the UN out of the US

4th Bring all US Military Forces home unless its super important to keep them where they are

5th hmmm, invade a couple specific countries and or make them US States, territories, or willful commonwealths

6th Stop any and all support to other nations be it money or supplies

7th Arrainge for my burial

I think that just about covers it

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post

You'd have to ask Congress and the states to amend the Constitution first.. ...well considering there are only 9 Justice positions. lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast