Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default I'd like to try these guns

Ok, I'm basically done doing research for my first handgun buy. I've already come up with my final list. All I have to do is try all of them out to see which one I like the most. I already called the firing line, but they don't have most of the handguns that I want to try out. That being said, I already talked to a few people who go there and I may possibly schedule something with them. I already heard that there is a rental place in the Poconos, but I don't have the luxury of driving that far. The guns that I want to try out sometime are:

Ruger SR9 and P95
    Glock 17, 19
    Berretta 92 FS, 90Two
    CZ-75 and variants (primarily the P-01)
    FNP9
    Taurus Millenium Pro

I can't just drive all over PA to different ranges. I was hoping to meet up with someone in the Lehigh valley and try out some of the pieces I listed at a nearby range. I already have my own 9mm ammo (Winchester whitebox). I'm already a member of the Alburtis gun club, if anyone is interested in meeting there. If anyone can help me out, could you please send me a PM (or just a reply)? I would really appreciate any help. I'll bring my own ammo.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: I'd like to try these guns

I have three of them. If I were a little closer I would meet up and let you try them.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Northampton County)

I have the G19 and would be happy to meet you at FL, just PM me. My shooting buddies have a number of handguns but I don't think any are on your list. There is a member at FL named Bill that has just about every Berretta under the sun, but he has customized most of them (to say the least). I also don't know how to get in touch with him other than just running into him.

(Philadelphia County)

I have the Beretta.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    I have the Beretta.
    Which Beretta do you have, the 92FS or the 90two? You live in Philadelphia, right? I'm about 60 miles north of Philadelphia (well over an hour's drive). Emmaus is right outside of Allentown. Are you ever in the Lehigh valley at all on business? Even if both of us drove halfway to meet, it would still be at least a 45 minute drive (assuming that there aren't any heavy traffic jams).

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by etep513 View Post
    Which Beretta do you have, the 92FS or the 90two? You live in Philadelphia, right? I'm about 60 miles north of Philadelphia (well over an hour's drive). Emmaus is right outside of Allentown. Are you ever in the Lehigh valley at all on business? Even if both of us drove halfway to meet, it would still be at least a 45 minute drive (assuming that there aren't any heavy traffic jams).

92FS 9mm.

I did not look to see how far you were. If I am ever going up there I will PM ya.

If your ever coming down here, pm me.

(Northampton County)

I have the ruger sr9. I'm about 40mins from the range though. PM if your really serious about this.

(Lehigh County)

etep i have the p95 but i got like no free time or i would meet you i do want to inform you of one thing though the taurus millenium is a great gun my buddy had one but i have known of some people including him and a buddy that had a taurus 24/7 pro both eventually ran into same issue that the slide locked up about an 1/8 inch forward from full return and had an empty round jammed in it i been hearing their added saftey key possibly causes that i dont know how often it happens but i know of 2 cases of it happening but i got a taurus .22 that it has never happened to. but on a good note taurus took care of their problems it was just a month without their guns though. my buddy with the millenium also has one in 40 that has been running fine for like 4 years now with taking it out to shoot atleast 2 times a month and 100 rounds each outing. but anyway might be something you want to look into even on this website ask around couldnt hurt... i also replyed to your other post
    A.T.F alcohol, tabacco, and firearms... who's bringing the chips?

92FS 9mm.
    Eteps... I have a G19, and I live in Philly. IIRC, Biggs shoots at Classic Pistol, as do I. If you want, the three of us can meet and let you try the guns out. Also, I believe Classic has a G17 for rent (and possibly the 90-Two as well), so you can kill three or four birds with one stone. And, you'll get to hang out with two fellow shooters in the process!

If you guys are up for it, let me know.

(Lehigh County)

92FS 9mm.

I did not look to see how far you were. If I am ever going up there I will PM ya.

If your ever coming down here, pm me.
    Ok, I'll make sure I do that. I'm not sure if I'll be in Philadelphia this summer, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Papuppyowner View Post
    I have the ruger sr9. I'm about 40mins from the range though. PM if your really serious about this.
    Are you 40 minutes away from the Alburtis range? Or another range?

Quote Originally Posted by 93-2.3 View Post
    etep i have the p95 but i got like no free time or i would meet you i do want to inform you of one thing though the taurus millenium is a great gun my buddy had one but i have known of some people including him and a buddy that had a taurus 24/7 pro both eventually ran into same issue that the slide locked up about an 1/8 inch forward from full return and had an empty round jammed in it i been hearing their added saftey key possibly causes that i dont know how often it happens but i know of 2 cases of it happening but i got a taurus .22 that it has never happened to. but on a good note taurus took care of their problems it was just a month without their guns though. my buddy with the millenium also has one in 40 that has been running fine for like 4 years now with taking it out to shoot atleast 2 times a month and 100 rounds each outing. but anyway might be something you want to look into even on this website ask around couldnt hurt... i also replyed to your other post
    Thank for the info. I've heard that Taurus has improved its manufacturing ever since they purchased that beretta factory.

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Eteps... I have a G19, and I live in Philly. IIRC, Biggs shoots at Classic Pistol, as do I. If you want, the three of us can meet and let you try the guns out. Also, I believe Classic has a G17 for rent (and possibly the 90-Two as well), so you can kill three or four birds with one stone. And, you'll get to hang out with two fellow shooters in the process!

If you guys are up for it, let me know.
    That would be great! The only thing is that I don't know when I will be in Philly. If I am ever in the area, I will definitely PM you guys in advance so that we can get together at that range you were talking about. That really would be a blast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast