Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Is that a GUN you're wearing!?!

I heard these words come out of a gentleman not more than an hour ago. I got a call from this guy asking me if if was okay to come over to my shop. We had talked before, but it was so long ago that I did not even remember the conversation until he reminded me of a few of the details. Suffice to say, he needed some custom work done. When I asked him about his planned time of arrival, he told me he was already on his way!

Usually when I meet customers, I do it CC, just so they don't get the heebie jeebies being alone with a huge guy who happens to be carrying a gun as well. But he did not give me any time, so I figured I would just let it go and see what happened. It wasn't going to be a big job anyway.

Well then TWO cars show up! It turned out that his wife was leaving her job and decided to follow him down to my place to see some of my stuff, as well as talk about this job. They both came into the shop, and we started talking. Just about the time I figured no one was going to notice, he uttered the words that are the title of this post. I responded,

"It sure looks like one, doesn't it?"

I then went on to say, "but I haven't shot anyone - ever."

He said that's good, because he didn't want to be shot. I started to tell him that I was something of a political activist, when his wife interrupted me to say that she thought it was a good idea to carry one like that, with all the stuff that is going on today. He thought about it for a few seconds, and then agreed with her! Then they mentioned some friends of theirs who live nearby who are shooting all the time and carry guns themselves.

Who knows? Maybe he will be carrying when he comes to pick up his piece. At the rate I am getting stuff done, he will have time to apply for a LTCF and get it.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Is that a GUN you're wearing!?!

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Suffice to say, he needed some custom work done.
    Just curious: What kind of shop? What work do you do?

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana71 View Post
    I was wondering that myself.

Erotic cakes?

Nah Plinker is a wood worker, and from the rumors a damn good one. May just have to browse his shop some day to see how good and to just sit and suck up the wonderful smells of a wood shop (better than perfume if you ask me)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post

Erotic cakes?
    Custom body part jello molds?

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Once in a while I get humorous questions regarding my sign I have hanging in the turnaround/spare parking area of the driveway. It says " hunter parking only, all others will be shot". So once in a while someone asks if because they are not a hunter, am I going to shoot them? This is people that come by to buy a fur, or to have their cat freeze dried and most recently it was an elderly neighbor who has been a family friend since I was a wee one. He doesn't come over very often.

So maybe next time one of the freeze dried cat people or whatnot are going to be coming by, I should OC for them. Then the joke will probably center around protection from the mt lions so many people see around the region year after year that I have never seen a single sign of. I'd think if they existed here, I'd have seen something while out trapping. I hear they aren't too hard to trap either, and some of the traps I set are beefy enough to hold a smaller lion.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Once in a while I get humorous questions regarding my sign I have hanging in the turnaround/spare parking area of the driveway. It says " hunter parking only, all others will be shot". So once in a while someone asks if because they are not a hunter, am I going to shoot them? This is people that come by to buy a fur, or to have their cat freeze dried and most recently it was an elderly neighbor who has been a family friend since I was a wee one. He doesn't come over very often.

So maybe next time one of the freeze dried cat people or whatnot are going to be coming by, I should OC for them. Then the joke will probably center around protection from the mt lions so many people see around the region year after year that I have never seen a single sign of. I'd think if they existed here, I'd have seen something while out trapping. I hear they aren't too hard to trap either, and some of the traps I set are beefy enough to hold a smaller lion.
    bold is mine

You can always tell anyone who asks it's for customers who are too cheap to go make a stop at the vet before coming to you to with their aging pet who's <best Monty Python voice> "Not quite dead yet". On second thought, maybe you'd lose a customer or two with a comment like that.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana71 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post

Erotic cakes?
    Quote Originally Posted by ihunt49 View Post
    Custom body part jello molds?
    Thank you, you evil evil men. Having met Pennsy, I now have the the image of him doing an erotic, life size Jell-O mold.

I have to go bleach my eyes.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    bold is mine

You can always tell anyone who asks it's for customers who are too cheap to go make a stop at the vet before coming to you to with their aging pet who's <best Monty Python voice> "Not quite dead yet". On second thought, maybe you'd lose a customer or two with a comment like that.
    Well they have already been to the vet before coming by, I have never had anyone come by with a half dead pet and asked me to finish it off and then mount it. Nice try! LOL
    LOL, I am a woman...

Quote Originally Posted by MrUgly View Post
    Thank you, you evil evil men. Having met Pennsy, I now have the the image of him doing an erotic, life size Jell-O mold.

I have to go bleach my eyes.
    Then you really don't want to see me in the pink tutu. Pics coming in a minute guys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast