Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: MTFOA

(Berks County)

Default MTFOA

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    I'm thinking us westerners need to start a "mtfoa.org". Any advice on how to get one started? I realize it's off topic. PM me with advice.
    Start by talking to other firearms owners in MT to guage interest. I'm sure it'll be there, but it can't hurt to ask and will definitely have them thinking and dropping in once you're setup.

Make sure you (or you and a group of friends) can get a site hosting package that'll provide all the features you need (php, cgi, MySql, ftp, etc), DanP should be able to let you know exactly what you'll need since he needs it here.

Then setup the site and start spreading the word. I'm sure you'll be able to get some of the members here to come over so you'll have guaranteed traffic there.
    Last edited by mjfletcher; June 25th, 2008 at 10:43 PM.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: MTFOA

I'm sure it would be no easy task, but it would be kinda neat if there were a MTFOA that was very similar in design to this one... then it could spread, and possibly all become one a national organization of state organizations. That would be a long way off, but the journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.

And I have always liked Montana anyway, I hope to live there someday.

Good luck!

(Allegheny County)

The domain name "mtfoa.org" is already taken by the Metro-Tuscaloosa Football Officials Association.

However, if you like the name "Firearm Owners of Montana", then "foomt.org" is still available.

Anybody know of a place I can look to see if my state (GA) has a firearm owner's forum? Tried google and didn't really come up with anything other than some hunting websites.