Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Post taurus pt 24/7 or springfield xd

i was looking at buying either a .40 or .45 i'm alright at firing both the only thing i'm concearned about is mag capacity compared to ballistic attributes of each caliber. i'm more concerned with however wether i should buy a taurus pt 24/7 or a springfield xd pistol i'd appreciate some inpute from some experinced handgunners in these paticular models of pistols.
    THE BEST WAY TO DEFEAT THE BAD GUYS IS TO OUT GUN THEM. Winchester model 94 lever action 30-30, pump action 12 ga. shotgun, Ruger SP101 .357 magnum walter reed eats your soul ...send me back to bragg its a miracle i'm healed sir!

(Perry County)

Default Re: taurus pt 24/7 or springfield xd

I haven't shot one, just held on in a shop. I hated the grip, it wasn't comfortable. the grip is supposed to make it more reliable or more comfortable but i didn't see it.

at the time i was looking at the 24/7, an m&p, and a CZ P-01. Ended up with the CZ and I love it.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    I haven't shot one, just held on in a shop. I hated the grip, it wasn't comfortable. the grip is supposed to make it more reliable or more comfortable but i didn't see it.

at the time i was looking at the 24/7, an m&p, and a CZ P-01. Ended up with the CZ and I love it.
    I have a CZ P-01 as well. Fits my hand better then anything I have held.

(Westmoreland County)

Both are great combat handguns. Both .40 and .45 are also good calibers(9mm is good too). You really can't go wrong. Try them out if you can. Maybe shoot someone else's or go to a range that rents pistols. The XD will be easy to come by on one of those ranges.

I say buy what you like best, and what you can afford to shoot alot of. Mag capacity is a factor but not nearly as important as cost. By that, I mean that if you are on a tight budget, as many of us are, a 9mm might be a better gun, because you will be able to afford to shoot alot more often.

Whatever you buy, get 1000 rounds through it as quickly as you can, and then shoot it regularly...weekly if your schedule/budget permits.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Washington County)

never had a chance to shoot a Taurus so I can not speak on them, but i really like my XD. look into the stainless slide it is very nice. As far as caliber the XD 45 holds 13+1 and the XD 40 only holds 12+1. all ammo is getting up there in price. my guessis that the 45 might have a little better resale value cuz everyone seems to be selling 40s. just my personal opinion take it for what it is.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Anderson View Post
    never had a chance to shoot a Taurus so I can not speak on them, but i really like my XD. look into the stainless slide it is very nice. As far as caliber the XD 45 holds 13+1 and the XD 40 only holds 12+1. all ammo is getting up there in price. my guessis that the 45 might have a little better resale value cuz everyone seems to be selling 40s. just my personal opinion take it for what it is.
    There are alot of .40's for sale because there are alot of .40's out there. Resale value on .40's is just fine.

.40 is a good compromise on ammo cost, but still much more expensive than 9MM.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Clearfield County)

I haven't shot the Taurus so I can't help ya there.I do love my XD .40 .Get the one that feels the best to you.I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
    Steve

(Armstrong County)

Post Re: taurus pt 24/7 or springfield xd

i already have a cz 75 compact i love it but i was looking for something a little different. what other options would you go with ....i'm looking for something with an advantage over 9 mm better penetration along with higher grain rounds ......maybe even .357 sig if possible as expensive as it is.
    THE BEST WAY TO DEFEAT THE BAD GUYS IS TO OUT GUN THEM. Winchester model 94 lever action 30-30, pump action 12 ga. shotgun, Ruger SP101 .357 magnum walter reed eats your soul ...send me back to bragg its a miracle i'm healed sir!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by BearTitan View Post
    .40 is a good compromise on ammo cost, but still much more expensive than 9MM.
    True but if you are looking at keeping ammo costs down it is also a good idea to keep to as few calibers as possible. buying one box of 45 is cheaper than buying a box of .40, 9mm and a box of whatever else. so think of what other kind of guns you own and what other kinds of guns you plan on owning sometime down the road.

(Armstrong County)

Post Re: taurus pt 24/7 or springfield xd

your correct its not the caliber that matters, altho shot placement is most important so 9mm is the best choice considering that i alreadey have a 9mm pistol i hope that the 9mm taurus is more accurae than the cz the cz has some sight problems i bought used and it was apparently dropped by someoneeither the previous ower or the salesman which voids the warrenty.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast