Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Swith & Wesson 4006 .40sw

Link to this handgun - *LinkY

I would like to know what everyone's opinion is of that deal.

I suppose that they're pretty great pistols, and there are a lot of .40 fans out there. If the price is right, I'd like to give my father the cash so he can go buy himself one. Keep in mind that I'll have to pay next day air (50$), and a transfer fee (20$).

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Swith & Wesson 4006 .40sw

Seems like a resonable deal. AIM is A1, I have dealt/purchased many things from them through the years including guns. I have not however, purchased a pistol from them, only rifles and shipping was either free or very reasonable. $50 seems high for shipping, even though it needs to be overnight, that seems out of line. Are you guessing or is that AIMs quoted price?
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

Question Re: Swith & Wesson 4006 .40sw

Smith makes a good gun and I am fond of the .40, the price looks good, but I'd be leary of buying a police trade in without being able to lay eyes on it.

I've spent a lot of time around LEOs, and not all of them take care of thier guns, especially if they are issue. The cleanest cop guns are the ones bought by an officer and then traded/sold later.

Any online only transaction can be..."iffy" but adding the trade in factor to the mix is something else.

Target Master in Chadds Ford has a ton of Police Glock trade-ins, for what you'd pay on shipping and transfer, take a drive and buy something you can see in person.

Just my .02.
    Last edited by jdlv4_0; March 25th, 2007 at 09:16 PM.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Luzerne County)

Looking at AIMs website they do offer USPS shipping for handguns. Shipping should be somewhere around $15-20.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Bucks County)

Willtallica, did you see the price for a brand new one? I'm guessing yours is not the "Tactical" but the S&W 4006 is a good gun. My bro has one in 9mm and it shoots all day long. It was a police trade in also, worn to death and not shot much. For around $400, you got a deal. Before you buy, check to see if they have a return policy, you should be able to return it if you aren't pleased with the purchase. Also check the shipping charge as the other posts mentioned...Mike45

(Lebanon County)

Seeing they respond to emails I'm just going to ask them what the charge for overnight shipping, exactly how close to that picture would one purchased look.

(Bucks County)

I bought a police trade 4006 at a show in Lebanon a few years ago. I think I paid $300 for it. I had the pick of the litter since I bought it at a show. The dealer there had several of them. Some of them were OK. Some were a little scratched up. You might want to pay a little extra for hand select if you can.

I haven't had any problems with mine. I changed out the recoil spring soon after I brought it home.

The 4006 would make a good home defense gun, but I think it's a little heavy for a concealed carry piece. That steel frame starts to drag on your hip after a few hours. The dealer I bought mine from said the department that traded them went over to Glocks and the biggest complaint about them from the officers that carried them was the weight.

Magazines are pretty easy to come by and they're cheaper now since the sunset of the AWB. I picked up a few brand new 11 round mags at a show last year. I don't remember what I paid for them but I remember they seemed inexpensive at the time.

(Beaver County)

I rolled the dice on a S&W 4043 LEO trade-in and it turned out to be a good deal. $250. Good shooter. No malfunctions. Really good condition. I carried it for a while. The DAO trigger is great for carry but it is not really a range gun. If you go to "Classifieds" under Firearms, thread "WTS S&W 4043, Taurus 940 ....." you can see what it looks like.
    __________________________________________________ ____

You know "that look" women get when they want sex? Me neither.

(Berks County)

Check out CDNN.. They have several to choose from..

http://www.cdnninvestments.com

They charge $ 10.00 to ship..

You will need to call their 800 number, but on the above link you can download the 2007 catalog
    Good Luck!

(Lebanon County)

Well here's what the aim guy, Steve told me:
    "Priority Mail is $14 (2-3 days) and overnight is $35. They look like the picture, they have some wear, but nice tight shooters"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast