Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Unhappy I knew it would happen eventually

I have had my eye on a snub nose 38 for a looong time now and decided this morning was the day I would go get it..... well on my way to the gun shop I just had a feeling that it wasnt gonna be as smooth as it has ALWAYS been for me , usually I am in and out in no time. So I get to the shop and look at the semi's for a little while and then go over to the revolvers. I find the one I wanted and hold it , caress it , play with it , fondle...... lol okok so I tell the salesman "yeh this is the one" lets do the paperwork. I fill everything out and when hes on the phone I go grab some ammo for it then return to the counter where he is still on the phone , he says PICS is slow today. Finally he starts to talk to someone then looks up at me and says those dreaded words that for some reason I was already prepared for , "They're Going to put you into research". Dammit I knew it!!!!! So Ive never had this happen before and have never commited a crime nor been convicted of anything but still I have this feeling that something bad is going to happen..... I mean geez can't they just see that they have already approved me like 9 previous times when buying firearms. The salesmen told me they do that if they are busy and your name is the same to a few other people , wich I already know it is. He said eventually EVERYONE , if they purchase firearms regularly , will be put into research. SOOOO how about some of you guys?? anyone had this experience? how long does it normally take for them to call the gun shop back?

Ok sorry for the rant just had to get that off my chest
    Last edited by 40twist; August 13th, 2008 at 09:55 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: I knew it would happen eventually

Quote Originally Posted by 40twist View Post
    .... He said eventually EVERYONE , if they purchase firearms regularly , will be put into research.
    Simply not true, not even "likely".

However, since your clean, then you'll simply have to take comfort in knowing that after a few days you should get the approval.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

I had that experience. Then instead of buying the gun, we bought something else. Then I read some folks saying that I couldn't get a gun because I'd been denied (which I actually hadn't been.) I thought I was in for some serious legal expense. I called a rather nice lady with PSP, a paralegal with the PICS folks, explained it to her, and after some questioning from her that made it clear I hadn't actually been denied she told me to just fill out the forms honestly. What I should have done was called the store back to make sure they'd gotten a response back. Apparently, it's happening quite a bit. Sometimes because of folks with similar names, sometimes PICS just isn't working right.

REALLY made me nervous buying my next gun, though all went well.
    Last edited by JoeWilliams; August 2nd, 2008 at 03:24 PM.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

I have been getting put in research ever since the shut-down.

My brother got delayed on his first purchase since moving to PA.
    That was 2 wks. after he got his LTCF.

(Chester County)

i was put into research... then they called AFTER the 15th day (more time than they are allowed) and i was eventually DENIED... had to send in a denial reversal form, they took extra long time too on that but all came back clear eventually

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by 40twist View Post
    He said eventually EVERYONE , if they purchase firearms regularly , will be put into research.

if that were the case, they would have a black van parked in front of my place.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Delaware County)

Happened to me at Kings Shooting Supply while buying an ar-15.I went home and about an hour later they called and said everything was ok. Went back and the store was closed. Forgot about the saturday hours. Had to wait until monday. that sucked.

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: I knew it would happen eventually

Let's try to be positive and say that there are just so many Pennsylvanians purchasing handguns today and the system is overloaded

Sorry it didn't work out for you today. Here's hoping you get a "A OK" ASAP.
    All of my guns have recently disappeared. "The Constitution of the United States guarantees to you the right to bear arms...You have the unquestioned right, under the law, to defend your life and protect the sanctity of your fireside. Failing in either, you are a coward and a craven and undeserving of the name of man." Eugene V. Debs

(Luzerne County)

What would happen if you went to another shop to make a purchase. Would the second purchase also be flagged for research?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

It happened to me 1 time after I moved. I put all my info down correctly, but my DL had a different address. I don't know if the guy told them, or if things didn't match up on their end but I didn't get my gun that day.

I had just moved 3 days earlier. Anyway, I haven't had a problem since.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast