Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smoking or Non?

(Cumberland County)

Default Smoking or Non?

So my brother-in-law (wife's brother) is getting married in august (I'm the best man) so they rented a place to have the reception and they have a choice of smoking or non...the attendees will be about 250 Bosnians (probably 249 of which smoke) I myself am a smoker but I kinda think it would be a better idea to make everyone go outside to smoke...it's not a long walk and there are no stairs. However he is concerned with people being upset that they have to go outside (on a nice August night) to have a cig, I keep telling him people are used to it and it won't be a big deal...what do you guys think (I will be showing him this thread...) I know I don't want to be trapped in a room with hundreds of smokers for 6 or 7 hours.
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun"

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Smoking or Non?

Sorry I can't help. I don't smoke.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Monroe County)

If I had an invite and it was smoking I wouldn`t go. Nothing like spending 30K+ and having the wedding dress, cake, flowers and the food smell like an ashtray.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    If I had an invite and it was smoking I wouldn`t go. Nothing like spending 30K+ and having the wedding dress, cake, flowers and the food smell like an ashtray.
    Good point......
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

i just quit smoking about 7 weeks ago... the smell is in fact, NASTY!!! i never noticed it before since my mom smoked... now i do. GROSS!

now, since most of them will smoke... then my guess is it wont matter anyway, but i vote for non smoking... lol
    This Space For Rent

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Thats exactly what I have been telling him...I don't know why he doesn't want to budge on the issue, he doesn't smoke and hates when people smoke around him.....weird.......
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." ~ Thomas Jefferson

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PapaJazz26 View Post
    So my brother-in-law (wife's brother) is getting married in august (I'm the best man) so they rented a place to have the reception and they have a choice of smoking or non...the attendees will be about 250 Bosnians (probably 249 of which smoke) I myself am a smoker but I kinda think it would be a better idea to make everyone go outside to smoke...it's not a long walk and there are no stairs. However he is concerned with people being upset that they have to go outside (on a nice August night) to have a cig, I keep telling him people are used to it and it won't be a big deal...what do you guys think (I will be showing him this thread...) I know I don't want to be trapped in a room with hundreds of smokers for 6 or 7 hours.
    Bosnians are cool. I knew a bunch of those cats back in Boston-- any Muslim who's cool with drinking and pre-marital sex is okay by me. Plus a lot of the women are hot.

Anyhow, I'm a smoker though I hope to quit within the year. I'm voting smoking, because if you want to have a big wedding you have to cater to the guests. If the guests are used to being able to smoke at such an event, then it seems the hospitable and polite thing to do would be to allow them to smoke. Also, I've found Bosnians (and Balkans in general) to be gracious hosts, so it's probably a good idea to meet their expectations of hospitality.

My two cents.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    If the guests are used to being able to smoke at such an event, then it seems the hospitable and polite thing to do would be to allow them to smoke. Also, I've found Bosnians (and Balkans in general) to be gracious hosts, so it's probably a good idea to meet their expectations of hospitality.

My two cents.
    I think this is why is fighting with me to keep it that way.....Although at my wedding we had over 450 guest and it was no smoking, i never heard a complaint....

smoke up johnny......

(Philadelphia County)

I smoke and I prefer non-smoking establishments, whenever the option is available.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast