Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default That one caliber

Does anybody else have a caliber that they love or enjoy shooting over other calipers? For me it's .22 mag, I just love the cartridge. Every time I see it in stores I buy some. Every time I see a .22 mag in a gun shop I always ask to see it. And if it's under $250 it usually comes home with me. I have 4 .22 mag rifles currently. I had 11 at one point, I traded some and sold a couple to Some friends. I can't put my finger on why I like it so much, I think it's partially because my fathers first gun was a .22 mag

Am I the only one?

Default Re: That one caliber

I never shoot my calipers. I enjoy having working brakes.

I have a 40-caliber that probably isn't a great caliber to own and a full-size isn't great for a CCW, but I have a ton of ammo and it's my fun range toy.

I have not decided in my mind if in the event of a home invasion, would I grab my 40 with more power or 380 that I shoot much more accurately? I guess I could knock him down with the small one and finish him off with the larger one.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Westmoreland County)

Can't say there's just one although there are a few I gravitate towards. In revolvers I like .38 spl and .45 Colt. Shoot a lot of 9mm even though I have pistols in other calibers. Hunting, the .30-06 hands down gets used more than my other rifles.

(Philadelphia County)

.38 special. Every range trip one of them gets exercised. Always available, not too expensive. Never any FTF or jams.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Crawford County)

Smile Re: That one caliber

Quote Originally Posted by 300zx_tt View Post
    Does anybody else have a caliber that they love or enjoy shooting over other calipers? For me it's .22 mag, I just love the cartridge. Every time I see it in stores I buy some. Every time I see a .22 mag in a gun shop I always ask to see it. And if it's under $250 it usually comes home with me. I have 4 .22 mag rifles currently. I had 11 at one point, I traded some and sold a couple to Some friends. I can't put my finger on why I like it so much, I think it's partially because my fathers first gun was a .22 mag

Am I the only one?
    I am 68 years old now and over the years have shot just about every cailber of weapon that could be handled by 1 person, both Military & civilian. Fell in love with 7.62x39 and an old AK-47 back in the Old -Corps in 1967. I still have her and after allmost 50 years of tender cqre, she will still Rock and Roll when I slap a mag & pull the trigger. 7.62x39 for me. Give it a try. Semper-Fi

(Chester County)

7.62x39
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Montgomery County)

357 Sig sticks out for me.
    It's the least represented in my collection, and I rarely carry it. Nonetheless, I love the 357 Sig.
    Yes it's loud, yes it's brigh, yes it kicks a bit more than 9mm. But it's a hoot to shoot, shoots flat for longer distance and is the most accurate round I shoot (you results may vary).
    Fidelis ad Mortem

(Beaver County)

10mm, 50 Beowulf, and 460 Mag. Just can't get enough of those.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Dauphin County)

. 44-40, the first caliber the Colt SAA was chambered in. In other words, the original cowboy caliber.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Jefferson County)

.22Short. It is almost as cheap as .22LR, and sometimes easier to find these days. It is much quieter than .22LR, and just as accurate.

I'll occasionally shoot some here in my basement, neighbors are none the wiser. I don't even wake them up when I have to dispatch a pest. (I keep getting a woodchucks burrowing into my foundation in the back yard. I kill them, another moves in.)
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast