Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Gun Control Advocates Will Deliver Petition Calling For Emily Miller's Firing

“By the standards of her profession, Emily Miller has no business calling herself a journalist," Ladd Everitt, communications director of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, said in a statement. "Miller’s crusade against popular gun laws has been a professional one since the beginning. At this point, area residents can have no reasonable expectation that she will provide objective, impartial coverage on matters of concern to them. If Miller wishes to behave like a pundit and activist, then WTTG should replace her with an actual reporter.”

http://dcist.com/2015/03/gun_control...ll_deliver.php

Funny how they have no problem with Al Sharpton HAVING HIS OWN SHOW and actually LEADING RALLIES.

These people can RIH.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gun Control Advocates Will Deliver Petition Calling For Emily Miller's Firing

I've said this repeatedly. Some have told me "I misremember" or didn't notice or I guess couldn't comprehend the nuancés of what I was watching. As a kid and into my teen years, the news was the news. My local stations and the networks reported the top stories. Sure they had editorial segments. Now all I get is obvious agendas

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Gun Control Advocates Will Deliver Petition Calling For Emily Miller's Firing

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I've said this repeatedly. Some have told me "I misremember" or didn't notice or I guess couldn't comprehend the nuancés of what I was watching. As a kid and into my teen years, the news was the news. My local stations and the networks reported the top stories. Sure they had editorial segments. Now all I get is obvious agendas
    I suspect it's the nuances, bias has always been in reporting.

Mark Twain is quoted saying something similar to: those that don't read the news are uninformed, and those that do read the news are misinformed.

When reporting on competing intefests and controversy, especially as part of a large organization,it is nearly impossible to convey information without bias toward certain values.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    So you agree with these harridans?

WTF if that is the case.

Standard techniques of all religious cults, like the gun control believers, global warming acolytes, pro-abortion and the worst of the special gay rights folks: Dehumanize the infidels, call them names like "racist" and "hater" and "homophobe" and "gun nut" (try Googling "abortion nuts", see how rarely the pro-life crowd uses that). Shun them, silence them. But never rely on facts, or rules that apply equally to both sides.

Because if you debate them fairly, you'll lose. You can't back up gun control claims with your own facts, so it's better to silence those facts, and make the other side of the debate just disappear.

It's why the MSM hates FOX news, because it's so hard to sell bullshit when there's another loud voice pointing out that it's bullshit. It's why Al Gore only speaks when there's just one lectern on the stage, because he found out in the presidential debates that "heavy sighs" don't count as rebuttal.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Standard techniques of all religious cults, like the gun control believers, global warming acolytes, pro-abortion and the worst of the special gay rights folks: Dehumanize the infidels, call them names like "racist" and "hater" and "homophobe" and "gun nut" (try Googling "abortion nuts", see how rarely the pro-life crowd uses that). Shun them, silence them. But never rely on facts, or rules that apply equally to both sides.

Because if you debate them fairly, you'll lose. You can't back up gun control claims with your own facts, so it's better to silence those facts, and make the other side of the debate just disappear.

It's why the MSM hates FOX news, because it's so hard to sell bullshit when there's another loud voice pointing out that it's bullshit. It's why Al Gore only speaks when there's just one lectern on the stage, because he found out in the presidential debates that "heavy sighs" don't count as rebuttal.

This is all brought home by the discussion in contemporary news.. The left argues that free citizens cannot own AR's and other small arms yet this same group wants to sign a treaty to allow Iran (a country which supports terrorism and has called for the extermination of Israel) to have nuclear weapons.

At this point, anyone who does not see the light is deaf dumb and blind.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    At this point, area residents can have no reasonable expectation that she will provide objective, coverage on matters that concern them".
    Cool, they can drop one off for David Gregory also.

When there is no evidence nor argument on the other side, the only way they can advance their cause is to use force to shut up their opponents. The truth shall set you free; and if you aren't on the side of truth, just muzzle your opponents.

(Lancaster County)

Where's the petition for David Gregory's firing?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Where's the petition for David Gregory's firing?
    This post seems familiar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast