Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Anyone powerwash?

My folks house at the shore needs to be powerwashed of all the grime that builds up over the years. It is a condo in Ocean City, 2 stories, but in OC the first story is a good 6-8 feet above the ground so it is probably equivalent to almost a 3 story house.

The whole house needs to be powerwashed including the decks and maybe driveway. It is vinyl siding (which I understand is a challenge in the sense that you can't get water under it?).

They got one quote for $500 (they bring their own water too). That seems like a lot of money to me. A quick look on home depot's site and it looks like you can get really decent power washer for 500$. I would be willing to do it for them if they bought a washer - but I don't know if I will be able to considering how tall this house is. Also wouldn't want to mess anything up.

What do you guys think? Does 500$ seem reasonable for this? Does anyone here do powerwashing in the S. Jersey area? Will it be less then 500$? If so post or PM me your company info and I will pass it along.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Anyone powerwash?

you can do it yourself but make sure you get a washer with a long enough hose to reach up there.

if its a good sized building 500 may not be a bad price, especially if you don't have to pay for the water or soap / cleaning solution and they are fully insured.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Armstrong County)

I powerwashed once and it took the skin off my legs, now I just shower

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Mercer County)

My little brother does it. $500 sounds about right for a house that size. Plus, I'm sure everything costs a bit more down there compared to around here...

Power washers are darn handy, though. If they think they'll use it, then buy one. For a decent one (get one with a Honda motor), you'll pay closer to double that.

(Dauphin County)

I agree, 500 bucks is a fair price, since they bring their own water too.

I painted for a few years and we would always powerwash before hand makes the work a lot easier and cleaner.

Buying one and doing it yourself might seem like a good idea, but once you are 30 ft in the air at the end of a ladder holding onto that wand, keeping in mind something decent will be 2500 to 3000 psi, you will have wished you paid someone 500 bucks to eat the spiderwebs/birdcrap and not you

Quote Originally Posted by zep_1 View Post
    I agree, 500 bucks is a fair price, since they bring their own water too.

I painted for a few years and we would always powerwash before hand makes the work a lot easier and cleaner.

Buying one and doing it yourself might seem like a good idea, but once you are 30 ft in the air at the end of a ladder holding onto that wand, keeping in mind something decent will be 2500 to 3000 psi, you will have wished you paid someone 500 bucks to eat the spiderwebs/birdcrap and not you
    Had a bat fly out from behind a shutter last week. THAT was lotsa fun 20 feet off the ground.

I agree. $500 is about right for a house as bid as described.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Had a bat fly out from behind a shutter last week. THAT was lotsa fun 20 feet off the ground.
    Bats are way worse than yellow jackets and wasps that's for sure.

(Allegheny County)

$500 sounds pretty cheap to me. I'm assuming they are not acid washing it with muratic acid, and just doing a soap wash. the acid washing is alot more expensive. i had it done to my brick a few years back and it was more like $1500+ for a 2 story brick house. i have my own gas powered pressure washer with 2500 psi and it is enough to carve a 1.4 inch groove into wood. what matters is what tip you put on it, some oare more concentrated, some are wider and don't do the damage. you could definately do it yourself, then keep the pressure washer.

(Lebanon County)

Yep, 500.00 sounds about right.. BUT, if your willing to do it for them you can get a good pressure washer for about 300.00 do the house and still have the PW for future use..

I just got a 2550 PW Briggs engine from Lowes for 249.00. But I use the hell out of them. I had a Clean and carry from Sears which made me LOTS of money. Just whatever you do DON"T buy an electric one, especially a KARCHER..They blow seals and don't last!

(Montgomery County)

You could always buy one, use it, and then sell it. Or, try and find a used one. Those Briggs and Stratton powered Craftsman units aren't bad. For the average home-owner, it will last many years as long as you change the oil every now and then.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast