Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nailgun AD

(Bucks County)

Default Nailgun AD

Had my first AD today. Luckily it was with my finish nailer rather than a firearm! Still hurt like hell though. I put a 16ga 2 1/2" nail through my right wrist. Not all the way through. It went in on a shallow angle under the skin and exited about 1 1/2" from the entry wound. I came really close to seriously injuring myself. Actually, it wasn't an AD. It was intentional, I just managed to hit myself instead of the casing I was installing. I don't really know why I'm sharing this embarrassing info with all of you but, what the hell, right?

I'd post pics but I don't own a camera.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Nailgun AD

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    Had my first AD today. Luckily it was with my finish nailer rather than a firearm! Still hurt like hell though. I put a 16ga 2 1/2" nail through my right wrist. Not all the way through. It went in on a shallow angle under the skin and exited about 1 1/2" from the entry wound. I came really close to seriously injuring myself. Actually, it wasn't an AD. It was intentional, I just managed to hit myself instead of the casing I was installing. I don't really know why I'm sharing this embarrassing info with all of you but, what the hell, right?

That'll teach ya to fire up power tools after watching lethal weapon lol.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Luzerne County)

One guy at work managed to nail two of his fingers together. He pulled it out himself. After two or three weeks his wife made him go to the doctors. He lost a few months of work due to the medications he was on. The doctor told him he could have lost the finger. He was also found to be a diabetic during his ordeal.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Jefferson County)

ouch! that's gotta hurt!
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

ummmm....

HOW?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post

I feel your pain man! Anyone who works construction for a long time is bound to put a nail into their body sometime. There is nothing you can do about it lol.

Here is my blunder, worst part was they made me stay in the hospital for 3 days. I felt like such a dip shit lol. Although I must say, the nurses where very accommodating lol

(Monroe County)

After 14 years years of owning a custruction company I was one of the luckiest to be able to say I had NEVER shot myself with a nail gun. I saw guys with pants nailed to thier legs with roofing guns, many guys nailing 2 fingers together, 2 guys that nailed thier foot to the floor etc. etc.

THEN sure enough I am on the job the one day and while I'm 16 feet up an extension ladder a friggin sub gets screwing around and I end up being the most UNLUCKY and end up with a 10D framing nail sticking THRU my left eye and into my nose!! The first hospital couldn't do a damn thing for me and 5 others refused to take me as a patient due to the possability of subdermal hematomo (sp) finaly Wills Eye in Philly took me in 8 hours after the accident. The eye was totaly void of vitrous fluid and kinda just laid in the bottom of the socket. So after 6 months in the hospital with 7 surgeries for a lens implant,cornia transplant,sclarel bucket etc. etc. They were kind enough to tell me I was legally BLIND in that eye and would stay that way for life!!

you guys should feel lucky it was only your finger and wrist!

Morel of this story is. ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES AROUND ANY TYPE OF GUN, EVEN IF IT IS IN SOMEONE ELSE HANDS AND YOU ARE JUST THERE TO BS FOR A FEW MINUTES!! Needless to say I learned the HARD way and have my entire life to remind me of it!!

Rich W.
    Last edited by Warners Surplus; October 3rd, 2008 at 10:15 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    That'll teach ya to fire up power tools after watching lethal weapon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    ouch! that's gotta hurt!
    Yes, it did!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    ummmm....

HOW?
    I'm still not really sure. I guess I got distracted and took my eyes off what I was doing for a second.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    One guy at work managed to nail two of his fingers together. He pulled it out himself. After two or three weeks his wife made him go to the doctors. He lost a few months of work due to the medications he was on. The doctor told him he could have lost the finger. He was also found to be a diabetic during his ordeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    I feel your pain man! Anyone who works construction for a long time is bound to put a nail into their body sometime. There is nothing you can do about it lol.

Here is my blunder, worst part was they made me stay in the hospital for 3 days. I felt like such a dip shit lol. Although I must say, the nurses where very accommodating lol

Man that looks painful! Glad you're okay. I know exactly what you mean about feeling like a dipshit. Every time the wound catches my eye I think "Damn, I'm an idiot!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast