Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Man loses concealed weapon in armed robbery

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/71002412.html

SEATTLE - A man with a concealed weapon permit was robbed not only of his gun but also two magazines, his wallet, cell phone and keys early Sunday at a motel on Aurora Avenue North.

Officers were dispatched to the scene, in the 2200 block of Aurora Avenue North, at about 1:50 a.m. after a 911 caller said some men with guns had assaulted his friend and now were trying to break into his motel room.

When officers arrived, there was no sign of the gunmen, who had fled the scene by then. Police talked to the victim who had been assaulted and also the man who had called 911 from his room.

The victim said he had been in his room with the 911 caller and his girlfriend, then walked outside to have a smoke.

As he walked down the stairs, he heard someone say, "There's one of them," and he was then confronted by at least two men. One of them had a handgun.

The victim was grabbed by the man with the gun, and was struck several times with the weapon. He said he was also pepper-sprayed.

The victim, who has a concealed weapon permit, was then robbed of his personal firearm, two magazines, his wallet, cell phone and keys.

The victim said he managed to get back to the room of his friend, and they then heard a knock at the door. It was the armed men, who tried to break into the room but were not successful.

The victims were unable to provide a description of the suspects.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Man loses concealed weapon in armed robbery

Two things come to mind. First, I am glad I quit smoking, there seems to be a pattern developing.

Second, it goes to show, just because you have a gun does not mean you are armed. Situational awareness is key, regardless of the tools we choose to carry.

Be safe (and remember, every moment that you are not prepared, they are).

Scott

(Westmoreland County)

Situational Awareness.

You beat me to it Scott...

Maybe if you need a smoke, you don't get a smoke-free room.

(York County)

Unpossible. A physical impossibility.

We all know this only happens when you OC.

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin455 View Post
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/71002412.html

SEATTLE - A man with a concealed weapon permit was robbed not only of his gun but also two magazines, his wallet, cell phone and keys early Sunday at a motel on Aurora Avenue North.

Officers were dispatched to the scene, in the 2200 block of Aurora Avenue North, at about 1:50 a.m. after a 911 caller said some men with guns had assaulted his friend and now were trying to break into his motel room.

When officers arrived, there was no sign of the gunmen, who had fled the scene by then. Police talked to the victim who had been assaulted and also the man who had called 911 from his room.

The victim said he had been in his room with the 911 caller and his girlfriend, then walked outside to have a smoke.

As he walked down the stairs, he heard someone say, "There's one of them," and he was then confronted by at least two men. One of them had a handgun.

The victim was grabbed by the man with the gun, and was struck several times with the weapon. He said he was also pepper-sprayed.

The victim, who has a concealed weapon permit, was then robbed of his personal firearm, two magazines, his wallet, cell phone and keys.

The victim said he managed to get back to the room of his friend, and they then heard a knock at the door. It was the armed men, who tried to break into the room but were not successful.

The victims were unable to provide a description of the suspects.
    It appears that the attackers had some knowledge of their victim and his friends and specifically targeted them. Now the question I have is in what way did the assailants know them and just why were they targeted?
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    It appears that the attackers had some knowledge of their victim and his friends and specifically targeted them. Now the question I have is in what way did the assailants know them and just why were they targeted?
    Yeah...I'm wondering how they knew about the gun AND 2 extra mags...(bonus points to the news source for calling them "magazines" and not "clips")

and IDK...if someone had a gun out on me I think I'd still try and draw...there's no guarantee that they're not gonna shoot you anyways, might as well make an attempt...but maybe I've just put too much meaning into the 4 rules of firearms and seeing that gun pointed....

(Northampton County)

You should always carry concealed so you have the element of surprise. Surprise! You have a gun in your face and you've just been maced.

Maybe he knew the law. He was not allowed to draw his firearm until he had a gun in his face. And he was simply outmaneuvered in this case during the approach, which is a bad thing when the bad guy always gets to draw first.

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    Yeah...I'm wondering how they knew about the gun AND 2 extra mags...(bonus points to the news source for calling them "magazines" and not "clips")
    If you've ever been robbed, they pat you down and check you pockets.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Unpossible. A physical impossibility.

We all know this only happens when you OC.

well...

it seems perhaps, despite his CCing, they knew he had a gun and targeted him specifically to steal it.

OCing guarantees it is known that you have a gun.

so, this incident (assuming they did know he had a gun and targeted him because of it) actually would end up being an argument against letting people know you have a gun...including by OCing.

(of course, CCing doesn't help if they know you have a gun anyway.)

F*S=k

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    Two things come to mind. First, I am glad I quit smoking, there seems to be a pattern developing.

Second, it goes to show, just because you have a gun does not mean you are armed. Situational awareness is key, regardless of the tools we choose to carry.

Be safe (and remember, every moment that you are not prepared, they are).

Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Situational Awareness.

You beat me to it Scott...

Maybe if you need a smoke, you don't get a smoke-free room.
    Good job guy's, blame the cigarettes, not the scumbag criminals........

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    well...

it seems perhaps, despite his CCing, they knew he had a gun and targeted him specifically to steal it.
    I don't see anything that suggests that. How did they know he had a cell phone and keys?

OCing guarantees it is known that you have a gun.
    How would it have made it worse in this scenario?

I doubt they knew he had a gun. But, there's no way to tell for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast