Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Anybody else tired of hearing....

People say that the Iraqi war is just like Vietnam? I got into a consderably large arguement with my dad about how this is nothing like vietnam. I got pretty upset with him (no worries we are still cool he just kind of pisses me off sometimes).
    Gun Control means using both HANDS!!!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Anybody else tired of hearing....

yes, and I am tired of people who "support the troops but not the war", and also people who complain about the number of American dead (3400)(while I certainly wish they weren't) since the war began.

We lost 5,100 people on D-Day alone. in Viet Nam we lost an average of 3,640 a year for fifteen years.

I support the war because losing means victory for radical islam, and because we lose so FEW troops, and because there are a growing majority of Iraqis who want us there.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Withee355 View Post
    People say that the Iraqi war is just like Vietnam? I got into a consderably large arguement with my dad about how this is nothing like vietnam. I got pretty upset with him (no worries we are still cool he just kind of pisses me off sometimes).
    YES. Wholeheartedly this pisses me off. I mostly hear it from people who have been to neither and have talked to no one who has been to either.....
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by OneLungMcClung View Post
    YES. Wholeheartedly this pisses me off. I mostly hear it from people who have been to neither and have talked to no one who has been to either.....

I agree!!!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Yeah, the people who say that are generally just vomitting back what they heard on the TV news. The subject of the war in Iraq is a good Litmus test to tell if someone knows what is going on in the world, or just watches Good Morning America for 10 minutes a day.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Berks County)

I am so very on this same page that it isn't even funny. Sometimes I wonder if people pay any attention to news that isn't taking place within our borders.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    yes, and I am tired of people who "support the troops but not the war", and also people who complain about the number of American dead (3400)(while I certainly wish they weren't) since the war began.

We lost 5,100 people on D-Day alone. in Viet Nam we lost an average of 3,640 a year for fifteen years.

I support the war because losing means victory for radical islam, and because we lose so FEW troops, and because there are a growing majority of Iraqis who want us there.
    +1

Not that anyone appears to remember, but the Civil War casualty rate makes a mockery of the outrage over the present day casualty rate. Just imaging if we (or the enemy) had the losses from one Civil War battle today. Antietam was just ONE DAY, and had seven times the number of casualties.

See http://www.civilwarhome.com/Battles.htm for figures.
    Nothing in the above message constitutes Legal Advice. Material is provided for informational/entertainment or other purposes and is not intended to constitute or be relied upon as Legal Advice, nor is it tailored to any specific factual situation. This is not an offer to form an attorney-client relationship. This is not advertising, nor intended to be such. I am not a member of the Pennsylvania State Bar; and while I am an attorney, I am NOT YOUR attorney.

(Lebanon County)

Same as everyone else here. While I wish this generation of service member wouldn't be exposed to hostilities, I'm thankful everyday that there are so few casualties. you look at past conflicts and wonder how these inDUHviduals would have reacted to thousands of casualties in a single battle. Loosing is not an option, and according to friends still serving they are making great progress over there (wonder why THAT doesn't make the nightly news). Most people I've heard say this tripe are supposedly "educated" individuals, but I question their education and substitute reality where ever and when ever I can.

Seems I recall, in 1973, on my first trip to the VFW hearing "World War 2 was a real war, what do you know about war?"
    I left that night thinking what idiots those old guys were. I have since reconciled in my mind that every generation fights it's war's a little differently, but if you remove the politics they are all the same. War is war. The one being waged today by our troops in the Middle East is the no different than the one waged in Southeast Asia, Korea, Europe or the Pacific. The burdens of war are always carried by those that are involved. Support the troops, they need to know we are behind them.

My .02

Jack

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAhunter View Post
    Seems I recall, in 1973, on my first trip to the VFW hearing "World War 2 was a real war, what do you know about war?"
    I left that night thinking what idiots those old guys were. I have since reconciled in my mind that every generation fights it's war's a little differently, but if you remove the politics they are all the same. War is war. The one being waged today by our troops in the Middle East is the no different than the one waged in Southeast Asia, Korea, Europe or the Pacific. The burdens of war are always carried by those that are involved. Support the troops, they need to know we are behind them.

My .02

Jack
    +10 Hunter!! I could not agree with you more!! Thank you for your service!!